Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alloy Wheels
planetester

posted on 12/3/04 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Alloy Wheels

Ive just bought a 97 honda accord with a set of OZ Saturn plus alloys, the insurance man wants £800 to insure the car with them on, so they are sat in the garage with all my locost bits,
Has any one tried to fit alloys with the wrong pcd & offset to a standard ford hub & axle with adaptor plates or redrilling 45 degrees round,,
The Honda wheels are 7J, 114.3mm pcd & ET 40.

Or should I just sell them on ebay & buy a set of capri lazer whelels

thanks in advance

Hellfire

posted on 12/3/04 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC

I saw someone do it once - but IMHO I wouldn't. It's the only thing which you rely on sticking you to the road...

Mark Allanson

posted on 12/3/04 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
New alloys are so cheap these day, I would buy exactly what you want. I bought a set of 4 7x15 today for a Mazda 323 for only £179.99 +vat, the original Mazda alloy was, at the last available price, £289.65+VAT, but was unavailable, the insurance co gave me a free reign to buy a set of 4 if less than the cost of the one Mazda one that was damaged. Tidy profit for the company, nice addition to my monthly bonus!!!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.