Poll: how honest would you be??? [View Results]
Be honest & phone them on monday
keep quiet and let them contact me
say nothing as delivered to neighbour

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how honest would you be???
will121

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
how honest would you be???

i ordered something last week and got it delivered on wednesday, today i come home from work to a card through the door saying i had a parcel which had been left with a neighbour. To my suprise its a duplicate order!!!

oh what to do!!!

jacko

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I like to think i am honest or is it daft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I would give it back.

Maybe it's something else!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
franky

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
what is it?
Ben_Copeland

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Who you kidding??? I think most people would keep quiet. If contacted then give back, otherwise say nothing.

Suppose it depends how much its worth !

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

austin man

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
honesty is the best policy, but hey whose bothered about policy lol

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

woolly

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
if you got what you paid for with a good deal and service then ring them.

only fair

else.

mistergrumpy

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Do you really need two of them and is it really worth the risk of taking a big dry one if they accuse you of theft?
hicost blade

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Karma....
scootz

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
You phone them on Monday and get them to collect it at your convenience...

It's Evolution Baby!

ghostrain

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ring up and tell them,unless it's very valuable most mail order companies will tell you to keep both,it's just not worth the bother of trying to get the second delivery back and you will feel good about your honesty. Live has a way of balancing these things out,you will win the lottery next week.
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

blakep82

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hicost blade
Karma....

exactly, and i'm sure something's done you wrong in the past week, so keep it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I'd email them to ask them what they want to do.

If it's low(ish) value they they'll probably be happy for you to keep it, if they want you to send it back (i.e. it's high value) make sure they pay P&P before you send it (or they collect at some time convenient for you). What you really want to avoid is them charging your CC for a second time - check before you contact them, if they do that nail them.

Edit: I say email as it costs you nothing and phoning up will just generate huge confusion and cost you money.

[Edited on 19/2/10 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

beagley

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I would definitely ring them Monday. Nothing feels like a clear conscience, plus they might just tell you to keep the extra one anyway.

I'm not scared!!! I'm just marking my territory.

Humbug

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
I'd email them to ask them what they want to do.

If it's low(ish) value they they'll probably be happy for you to keep it, if they want you to send it back (i.e. it's high value) make sure they pay P&P before you send it (or they collect at some time convenient for you). What you really want to avoid is them charging your CC for a second time - check before you contact them, if they do that nail them.

Edit: I say email as it costs you nothing and phoning up will just generate huge confusion and cost you money.

[Edited on 19/2/10 by iank]

Ditto - we've had things like that. 9 times out of 10 they say keep the extra one because it's too much cost and/or admin hassle to process a return

Dusty

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
If you didn't return it then you would be being dishonest. Taking advantage of another's genuine mistake. What would you say if the firm eventually realises it's error and takes action? I chose to shaft you cos I thought I could get away with it? Your choice, your conscience but don't kid yourself.
morcus

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Tell them. A single person can't drastically change the world, but you can try to be honest and do the right thing, If more people did it would make things better.

As said they might let you keep it or they might come back for it, don't pay for postage as it's there mistake.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

fesycresy

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
Who you kidding??? I think most people would keep quiet. If contacted then give back, otherwise say nothing.

Suppose it depends how much its worth !

I agree.

Unless it came from a 'person' such as one of the suppliers to our hobbie and not a faceless company.

What is it then...........

10" rampant ar$e stimulator ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, defo ring them up. As already said, what do you lose, if they want it, they pay the postage. If not, you win. But most of all you keep a clear conscience

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

steve m

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
We had a parcel delivered to my house (no7)
that had my address, but not our name
we did not sign for it,
just a knock on the door, and by the time we got there it was just left in the porch, and the driver was allready in the van and halfway off our drive

My wife thought she knew the name, and was right, they lived at no 17
so parcel given to them

I wish we had kept it, as it was £1500 worth of laptop

So now if anything comes to my door, we will keep it

Steve

JoelP

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
im impressed by how many people suggest honesty really, i'm generally honest but i suspect that i wouldnt be bothered messing about sending it back. I dont have time to write invoices, never mind time to give stuff away!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

MikeR

posted on 19/2/10 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'd call them - just make sure the collection isn't at your inconvienience.

Had one company once insist i post it back to them (it was 10 cds from someone elses order i'd got by mistake. I said no problem, they insisted it was first class. I said what if it gets lost in the post, they said its my problem. I pointed out that if they'll pay for recorded delivery i'll happily do that. They refused and threatened me that i had to return the goods.

So i did, first class........ I got my cd's the next day, no idea if it they got theirs, couldn't care less.

speed8

posted on 19/2/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
I ordered a towbar for the barge a year or so back. One of the threads to bolt it to the chassis was gummed up so I called them up and they sent a replacement. The second one got delayed in the post so I ended up chasing the thread through myself and fitting the 1st one.
When the 2nd one turned up, while I was out, I called up and told them to arrange a courier to come and collect it back. After 3 months it was still sitting in my garage so I called them again and they told me to keep it. I sold it to a lad on another forum for half price so we both got half price towbars.

dan8400

posted on 19/2/10 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
They're not going to come after you if you have two by mistake. The person who processed the order earns minimun wage so they don't give a rat's ass.

I am too much of a pu$$y in these situations and would call anyway, but i dont think anything will happen if you don't so it's totally your decision.

Good luck (hope you get both) lol

Dan

FFTS

posted on 19/2/10 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
EBAY???????

Only kidding.. send it back.

Chris.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.