Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AVO shocks
Wadders

posted on 5/5/04 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
AVO shocks

Anyone know if avo's are rebuildable?
just noticed one of my front ones is pissing oil out It's done less than 500 miles, but was bought in 2002, so i guess the warranty will have run out.
TIA
Al.

Wadders

posted on 6/5/04 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
In case anyone else ever has a problem, you just send the unit back to AVO and they repair it F.O.C. Good or what!

i]Originally posted by Wadders
just noticed one of my front ones is pissing oil out It's done less than 500 miles, but was bought in 2002, so i guess the warranty will have run out.
TIA
Al.

Viper

posted on 6/5/04 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
that was one of the reasons why i bought AVO's
Tim

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 6/5/04 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, much as they are cheap and by no means the best, at the budget end of the market they are difficult to beat. Use em on the back of my grasser and can't fault them for the price!
James

posted on 6/5/04 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
TIA
Al.

Warranty? Schmarranty.

For anyone who had something fail early- get onto the Trading Standards website and have a look at the Sale of Goods Act.
Some things you can take back years later- I read an article in a PC magazine where someone got a replacement laptop 5 years after buying it.

As the person at Trading Standards told my Dad when his printer failed you look at it this way: "How long would you expect product 'X' to last when you paid 'Y' for it". She told him that his £80 printer that failed after 18 months he had no case but our £300 Dyson after 2 years was a different matter.
... Dyson sent us the replacement parts free in the end.

Atb,

James

Peteff

posted on 7/5/04 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
The Dyson.

My wifes' sister had one of these for 2 years and threw it because it had split in places and had poor performance. Another in-law had one which developed similar problems and rang the supplier and was told they will repair anything on it for a fixed price of £35 if it's out of warranty.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.