Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peugeot wheels to ford hub.
phelpsa

posted on 10/7/04 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Peugeot wheels to ford hub.

I know that a peugeot wheel is a perfect fit for a locost except for the centre bore and I have heard that you can get adaptors to to convert it from 65-63.4mm for a ford. These are generally used for multifit alloys to allow them to be used for all sorts of manufacturers. Does anyone know where I can get these adaptors as otherwise I am stuck with searching for extremely rare 15x7 capri wheels or using wheel spacers (worst case senario).

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Adam - the Peugeot wheels "do" fit but the offsets are a lot different. IIRC Ford are 35~38mm Peugeot are 13~16mm. Some people use them if the Ford offsets don't fit under the rear arches

phelpsa

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, know they fit and are the right offset for the locost (ET18 for pug 205) but the centre bore is different (65mm as opposed to 64.3).

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
200mph

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
what you want are spigot rings, which you can get from alloy dealers etc.

they shouldnt cost much more than a tenner for four.

Mark

richardR1

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
The adaptors you refer to will only work with a universal fit wheel. They are known as spigot rings and are used by the likes of O.Z, TSW etc to convert a universal centre bore to that required. The universal centre bore was usually around 72mm so as to accomadate the largest sizes. They were also designed to sit in a square profile recess.

TSW and OZ always used to use metal spigots whereas most others used plastic ones. May be possible to get some metal ones and machine them down. The TSW ones would probably be the easiest to use as the OZ ones have a spring clip round them. Demon Thieves or similar should be able to supply them. Used to run a performance outlet myself and was always being asked for them. Shouldn't cost you much as the manufacturers would only charge a couple of quid.

richardR1

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Peugeot C/B 65.1mm

Ford 63.3mm

phelpsa

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the quick (very!!) info. I am sure someone mentioned on here a while ago that you could get them.

Adam

givemethebighammer

posted on 11/7/04 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Bought some from Elite Wheels Rainham a while back for exactly your application

http://www.elitedirect.com/

phelpsa

posted on 11/7/04 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
They don't seem to have them advertised. Do you know how much they are roughly?

Adam

givemethebighammer

posted on 12/7/04 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
they were about £15 for four, but I don't know if they still sell them best give them a call.

ps

they were hard plastic things that looked like the image below. They just pushed in the back of the peugeot wheels. Rescued attachment spigot.jpg
Rescued attachment spigot.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.