Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: where do you measure size of QR slug needed? and any recommendations on which QR boss?
mads

posted on 10/5/11 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
where do you measure size of QR slug needed? and any recommendations on which QR boss?

am in process of getting a QR boss fitted to steering column but not sure which size slug I need. a 3/8 seems to be common one but where should i measure on the column to determine what size i need?

and anyone any recommendations on any particular QR boss kits that I should consider or alternatively avoid? i will definitely be getting a splined one as have read about the play with the hexagonal ones.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

MakeEverything

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got one like New JDM Universal Quick Release Snap Off Boss Kit Black | eBay UK and its great. You cant put it on backwards or upside down, and theres a positive clunk as it locks in.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

mads

posted on 11/5/11 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Rich. Anyone got any other suggestions? am currently looking at racetech or lifeline...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

McLannahan

posted on 11/5/11 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Mads - I got mine from Rally Design but can't find it there now.

It's very similar to the RaceTech one (I've a RT wheel so it could easily be the exact same model?)

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p14888/BOSS-KIT-6-HOLE-70MM-PCD-3/4-SLUG/product_info.html?osCsid=0f1a4aadbdafaa1aad86a81e9f204724

It's been good. I've found the wheel easy to re-seat (when sitting in the car that is, it's easier to see the right way on) and it has a nice positive locking action too. It's splined and also had the weld-ojn slug.

ghostrain

posted on 12/5/11 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Quick release steering wheels

We still sell both of the types of hubs mentioned above...the Quick release weld on splined drive hub,RD8622 is priced at £54.50 plus vat. The 6-bolt to 6-bolt hub,Quick release is priced at £39.50 plus vat.
The moderator of this site keeps attaching Trader to our postings which is true but we have sent many e-mails to him asking for his advertising costs and he never replies-please someone tell him that Rally Design does mot mind making a reasonable contribution to his costs.
Dave Elderfield
MD,Rally Design

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Fozzie

posted on 12/5/11 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ghostrain
.........The moderator of this site keeps attaching Trader to our postings which is true but we have sent many e-mails to him asking for his advertising costs and he never replies-please someone tell him that Rally Design does mot mind making a reasonable contribution to his costs.
Dave Elderfield
MD,Rally Design

Nope.......no u2u or emails sent to me (Administrator)..........
did you u2u ChrisW ....the owner of the site?

Fozzie ......Administrator....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Johneturbo

posted on 12/5/11 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I've got the RD one i think. it was supplied with my kit from mnr with the slug already welded on

i'm thinking of going back to a normal bolt on wheel/hub

mads

posted on 12/5/11 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Johneturbo - any particular for you returning back to normal steering wheel?

Johneturbo

posted on 12/5/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
for me two reasons

slight slop/play even with the splined ones, and the having to carry the steering wheel around with me if i park up somewhere!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.