Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oil pressure
Matty_o

posted on 19/1/14 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Oil pressure

Good afternoon all, just after some advise please. Started up the the indy today as has been stood up for a few months and have noticed that when oil and water temps are all at normal operating temp when I give a little rev the oil pressure rises with the revs. Now I know It didn't do this before it has been stood up for a while and am slightly concerned as oil pressure was capped off at around the 70-80psi mark when revving/driving enthusiastically.
Could it be possible sticky relief valve or something more sinister?

Engine is a 2002 busa lump.

Many thanks, Matty

twybrow

posted on 19/1/14 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I know, all bike engines do this. My Zx12 shows virtually nothing at tickover, and the pressure raises with the revs. Seems normal to me!
Matty_o

posted on 19/1/14 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe me just being a little paranoid then lol. On tick over I've got about 8-10psi at hot idle which I know is preety standard. Just seems a little weird as before it was stood up it it would rise with revs then the pressure would stop increasing and hold steady but now it seems to keep going with the revs.
OliilO

posted on 19/1/14 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Again, sounds normal to me.

If you've got a pressure sender mounted to the block/cradle, it could be that the sender is about to die from vibrations. Mine started showing some strange readings before it stopped working totally.

Canada EH!

posted on 19/1/14 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
What's the temp outside, if your just running it up, driving oil pressure will be higher with cold thick oil as apposed to hot summers day.

My 427 Corvette would take about 5 miles on highway to reach normal oil pressure and oil temp on a 30 F day.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.