Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Replacement Spitfire wishbones?
Sean

posted on 2/11/04 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Replacement Spitfire wishbones?

On my kit, I have Triumph Spitfire front suspension, which although completely functional, is far from attractive. I have a mind ( with the help of a mate ) to make up some tubular wishbones that are much neater. However, this presents problems with regard to using the original upright, which I would like to do. With Cortina upright I think that transit track rod ends are used for the top, although I am not sure as to the bottom. So what I am asking is does anyone know of a trackrod end or solution that might fit the tappers to retain the use of my Spitfire uprights, for essentially the upper as the bottom uses a trunion and so wold need to be specially designed.
Thanks

zilspeed

posted on 2/11/04 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
You would maybe be better asking this question in Caterham circles. They used the triumph upright for a long long time. Well into the 90s anyway.
Some balljoints from one of those are probably the very thing or - god forbid - some Caterham bottom wishbones.

UPDATE

Just checked on www.blatchat.com

There have been several sets of standard track wishbones for sale on there recently.

[Edited on 2/11/04 by zilspeed]

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 2/11/04 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=18520
[img]http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=18520&pid=148727[/img]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.