Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New truck
b14wrc

posted on 4/6/23 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
New truck

Picked up a 2017 Chevy Silverado last month. Bit of a difference to my last V8. Lol.....

Rob

20vt powered rear engined locost

JoelP

posted on 4/6/23 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic. I fell in love with a dodge ram in Florida a few months ago. You can't beat a big truck!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

b14wrc

posted on 4/6/23 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks.

I looked at the Ram and F150, but just liked the Chevy. Took a few months to find one that was rust free. Mine has 78k miles and good service. Like the 5.7 hemi in the Ram, but not a fan of the front grill on the older models I was looking at. A brand new ram would be nice, but as we are only here a few years didn’t want to spend that much.

Even for a big truck it goes well with 355bhp. I’ve got a Toyota Corolla work car, so let my wife drive that and take the truck most days. Gas is cheap here so I don’t mind only getting 17mpg. Took the kids bikes to the beach last weekend. Easy just throw them in the back and close the cover.

I just thought I had to get something proper American, 5.3 litre Chevy small block is that in my mind. When I put an exhaust on it later on that will make a difference.

[Edited on 1 by b14wrc]

20vt powered rear engined locost

nick205

posted on 7/6/23 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
NICE

I do like a pick-up with a crew cab, enjoying the benefits of more than 2 seats and ability to transport plenty of stuff in the back.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.