Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help getting a small plastic suspension bush
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/6/23 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Help getting a small plastic suspension bush

Hi,

Usually I'd opt for a metalastic bush for suspension and they are available. However due to the design of the old cars suspension and the potential travel the spring shackle can move (especially all the speedbumps it was clearly never designed to deal with), I think it is a good candidate for a bush that has full rotation. I have not measured the size but it looks dinky maybe 18mm.

Can anyone recommend me a site that list different sizes to pick from rather than kits for cars?

Thanks in advance.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 20/6/23 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Have you thought about making one? I've seen a few youtube videos around moulding polyurethane bushes; https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=polyurethane+bushings+diy
nick205

posted on 20/6/23 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Worth checking Powerflex and contacting them if you don't find exactly what you're looking for?

https://powerflexstore.co.uk/

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/6/23 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, I'll check them out. There is the possibility of me making them as I have a wood lathe.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 23/6/23 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Cheers, I'll check them out. There is the possibility of me making them as I have a wood lathe.

I wouldn't have thought of making them out of wood. Might be worth researching what the Romans used on their chariots. I'd imagine something like walnut for racing around the Colluseum or pine for a more leisurely cruise on the cobble roads?

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.