Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: type 9 crossflow
mark_rayfield

posted on 16/2/03 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
type 9 crossflow

Decided to bite the bullet and get me a type 9 box for my bog standard 1300 x-flow.

Running on reliable info from the infamous conrod I'm in the process of fitting an early 1600 sierra clutch so as to mate the two.

Anyone done this and have any advice, or problems to watch for?

seems to be all sorts of info out there about spacer plates and backing plates and all sorts.... v. confusing

Any and all info appreciated

David Jenkins

posted on 17/2/03 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Mark,

I did pretty much the same thing, with a type 9 box to a 1600 X-flow. All should go together without any difficulty.

A couple of points to remember:

The bellhousing bolts need to be imperial to screw into the engine block, not metric as found on the Sierra.

You will need cut a bit out of the Sierra's thin cover plate that goes between the block and the bellhousing - just hold it against the X-flow block and it's obvious what needs to be removed (this is an easy job).

While you've got everything stripped, have a look at the roller bearing in the end of the engine's crankshaft. It's a good time to fix it if it's seized, or just plain clagged up with muck.

cheers,

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.