Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake booster/servo
Findlay234

posted on 19/3/03 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Brake booster/servo

Toyota call it a brake booster, ford call it a vacuum servo....... but is it needed in a 550kg car???? ill either be using the toyota master cylinder or the sierra one but my question is....... is the servo needed?

cheers
Fin

GO

posted on 19/3/03 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't got nearly that far yet, in fact I'm picking my chassis up from Luego on Saturday!!

However, from posts that I've read previously I believe the consensus is that we don't use the servo. As far as I understand you can fail SVA for the brakes being too good!

Findlay234

posted on 19/3/03 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
youre collecting on sat??? im recieving delivery on sat from luego. where are you traveling from?
GO

posted on 19/3/03 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Essex.
GO

posted on 19/3/03 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Oops, nearly got caught by the boss then! Where abouts are you based then? I was thinking of getting it delivered but realised that I don't have the patience to wait around for it all day! God knows how I'm going to get through the build if I'm too impatient to wait for a delivery!!
Jon Ison

posted on 19/3/03 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
you don't need a servo...end of story.

Findlay234

posted on 19/3/03 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Ison.... cheers!!!

GO..... yeah, my delivery is 3 weeks late as well, so my patience has already been tested, im south bucks and couldnt really collect unless i hired a van and i didnt think it was really worth it cause id have to get someone else to drive it for me (van rentals dont like me im only 19). etc etc, i guess ill just have to wait. I do want to get up there some time soon to have a drive around in the demonstrator. You gonna do that when you go up to collect your chassis? If you do then let me know how it goes.

cheers
fin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.