Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake fluid resevoir
MK9R

posted on 28/3/03 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Brake fluid resevoir

James (auzziejim) sent me the following comment:-

"I saw the pictures of your m/c and assume you have the MK floor mounted pedals. If so are you not using a remote brake fluid resevoir and if not do you think you will have sufficient braking force?"

picture of mater cyl

We are indeed using the MK floor mounted pedals. Do i need a remote resevoir, and if so why? I'm a bit confused.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dick Axtell

posted on 28/3/03 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Fluid Head

Low level mcyls need high-mounted reservoirs in order to provide sufficient head of fluid to ensure correctly-bled system. Check difference in height between low-level reservoir & front calipers.
MK9R

posted on 28/3/03 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
cheers, I think we have dropped a bollock! Time to change it to a remote resevoir

How does the existing resevoir come off (sierra m/c)?

[Edited on 28/3/03 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
auzziejim

posted on 28/3/03 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
i hope i havnt caused too many problems there austen!

James

Viper

posted on 28/3/03 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell
Low level mcyls need high-mounted reservoirs in order to provide sufficient head of fluid to ensure correctly-bled system. Check difference in height between low-level reservoir & front calipers.

not strictly true that statement. my race kart master cyls/reservoirs are actualy lower than the front calipers they are a bugger to bleed but not imposible the height of the reservoirs will not affect the performance of the brakes, one way to bleed a system with a low res is to force bleed the system, you can get a cheap kit to do this, runs off the air in a tyre i believe...

Wadders

posted on 28/3/03 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I have low level master cyl's on mine, and have just bled them using an eezy bleed contraption, they work fine, only problem i encountered was the need to unbolt the rear calipers and turn them upside down while bleeding.

ATB
Wadders

]Originally posted by Viper
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell

not strictly true that statement. my race kart master cyls/reservoirs are actualy lower than the front calipers they are a bugger to bleed but not imposible the height of the reservoirs will not affect the performance of the brakes, one way to bleed a system with a low res is to force bleed the system, you can get a cheap kit to do this, runs off the air in a tyre i believe...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.