Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX9R Engine! Where do i get one?
Gremlin

posted on 12/6/03 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
ZX9R Engine! Where do i get one?

I have added a post in the engine section but i think it would be better in here after reading some of the posts.

Im trying to get hold of a ZX9R engine and bits. I asked in my other post about the bits needed other than the engine but found a post that outlined those.

EZy GreMLiN

"The only way to get rid of temptation is too give in to it..!"

rojabuck

posted on 12/6/03 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
where to get an engine

well first of all i would recomend you grabing a copy of the yellow pages and having a look for "breakers" and "spares" suppliers for bikes..

Also look in your local paper (there are sometimes adverts in the back for spares and the likes..)

Another good source of engines is www.findit.co.uk and www.ebay.co.uk as both quite often have engines up for grabs for resnable prices (though meet up with the person and check out the engine before you give them any of your hard earned!)

The other alternative is to do searches on google and the likes as people often put bikes and spares up for sale on there own personal websites which are quite often indexed by searchengines!

Hope this is of use...
Roja

www.ignitedminds.net - build diary

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StuartA

posted on 12/6/03 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Just another source that I forgot to mention on my other post (in "where to get engines".... try www.sidenet.co.uk. this is a website for sidecar racing, but they quite often have bike engines for sale in the classifieds.

[Edited on 12/6/03 by StuartA]

MK9R

posted on 13/6/03 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Get a copy of MCN. Loads of breakers in there and also some private sales. Also have a look in/on biketrader to find a written off bike. I found a ZZR1100 for £1000 that was just tatty, could strip the engine and bits off and sell the rest, but inn the end got a zx9 from MCN.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 15/6/03 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
part search is allways my first option ,you ring them up telling them exactly what you want and they fax hundreds of breakers for you,the breakers then ring you if they have what your looking for
it costs £2 pound for the phone call but well worth it and it saves you loads of time
will post phone number when i find it

westindy

posted on 9/7/03 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r source

I got my ZX9R from Mike Solloway on 07958 069270 he has started sourcing all bike engines and calls himself Superbike 2 Supercar (Based in Birmingham). The engine is fitted and every works fine, I did have a problem with the clocks but Mike was very supportive and helped to solve the problem- and thats what you want when you part with your dosh a warranty that is worth having!!!.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.