Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MT75 / Type 9
MK7

posted on 23/6/03 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
MT75 / Type 9

Hi,

I've got a type 9 gearbox and am considering swapping it for an MT75. I met Zetec at Newark and was impressed with the location of his gear lever, far from the dash and nice and short too.

Is the MT75 a straight swap with the type 9? I've had my prop modified by MK and so I'm hoping that it's going to be straingt forward.

Can the same clutch etc be used?

How tricky is it to mod the MT75 gearbox to move the gear lever further back?

Thanks
Russell

SteveO

posted on 25/6/03 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
hi Russell,

I liked the gear location of Zetec's indy as well. I know some use a westfield remote gear -£80ish to bring the knob further back, but u will have to cut and relocate the bar at the front of the tunnel as its in the way.

Steve

theconrodkid

posted on 25/6/03 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
ive got standard length arms and find my gear lever in the right place,it is just shortened and cut n shut back a few degrees

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

zetec

posted on 25/6/03 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Strongly suspect MT75 output flange different from type9. Not a problem for a prop supplier, got mine made up new. To move the gearlever back you need to get the pressed steel gear lever bracket and gear lever, cut the whole lot in half extend with some tube and weld back up. Once you see one in the flesh you will understand, 5 mins with a hacksaw and 10 mins to weld up. Same gearbox as W**tfield use but their kit is £200ish, looks easy to copy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.