Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra Diff problem
Wadders

posted on 9/8/03 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra Diff problem

Anyone know how much lateral movement is acceptable for sierra final drive flanges? One of mine has no movement at all, but the other can move about 6mm in and out, at first i thought the circlip had come off inside the diff, but after removing the cover, it seems that the bevel gear is moving as well, should i remove the whole lot from the car and investigate further or is this normal?

TIA

Al.

theconrodkid

posted on 9/8/03 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
i asume you have a disc braked rear end,mr haynes says to measure the position of drive shaft oil seals in their holes so maybe you put one too far down.compare it to the other side

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Wadders

posted on 9/8/03 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Conrod, after posting i spoke to Raceline, and apparently its common on LSD's and nothing to worry about, it does mean the diffs done a few miles and is essentially worn, but the bloke reckons it's better that way in a seven and if the diff was brand new it would upset the handling out of corners, due to the light weight of the car.
Quite a relief really, didnt fancy pulling it all out again.

Al.
i]Originally posted by theconrodkid
i asume you have a disc braked rear end,mr haynes says to measure the position of drive shaft oil seals in their holes so maybe you put one too far down.compare it to the other side

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.