Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Transformers
Catpuss

posted on 21/7/07 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Transformers

Having just seen it this morining, its one of the best action movies I've seen for a very long time
CaptainJosh

posted on 21/7/07 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
I saw the first showing at the cinema this morning- its an amazing film, there was nothing I didn't like and it just rocked in general also it didn't feel cheese'y
d8mok

posted on 21/7/07 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
yeh really good film. i saw it about 2 weeks ago and i might go and see it a cinema 2nite.
jonno

posted on 21/7/07 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Great film, been waiting to watch this and was'nt dissapointed. Cannot wait for the HD version later in the year

having fun on a budget

DIY Si

posted on 21/7/07 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
NO ONE for Christ's sake tell me what happens!!!!!!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Catpuss

posted on 21/7/07 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
NO ONE for Christ's sake tell me what happens!!!!!!

...cant resit....

Some robots fight each other

......dammit

donut

posted on 21/7/07 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
They all stop fighting and get naked and have a hot tub party!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 21/7/07 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Damn,

That's ruined it for me.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Catpuss

posted on 21/7/07 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainJosh
I saw the first showing at the cinema this morning- its an amazing film, there was nothing I didn't like and it just rocked in general also it didn't feel cheese'y

Yep, seemed like a very fine line between a 12a and a 15 really. I guess the lack of swearing at all (well appart from the one attempted bit by Frenzy) probably swayed it.

It did feel like Bumbleebee was influenced by Christine.

davie h

posted on 21/7/07 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
i want to see this but the wife wont go and i have a 3 year old who wont sit still for any longer than 15 seconds and i dont want to go myself. does anyone remember when the cartoons and toys were first out as i can remember them but not the year. i must have been about 9 or 10 so thats at least 21 years ago. am i right?

i have just read this and if i am right i am really old

[Edited on 21/7/07 by davie h]

Dazza

posted on 22/7/07 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
yes

on both counts. it was about then, i am 35 and remember them well about the same age or younger.

age catches up with us all eventually......

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Catpuss

posted on 22/7/07 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Now the toys transform properly though. The nipper's RX8 is quite amazing compared to 80's toys. One good thing about having a 8yr old. I can buy the transformers I could never afford as a kid
martyn_16v

posted on 22/7/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
I watched it a few nights ago, it was fappin' brilliant. I was grinning and bouncing like a little kiddy all the way through it (although I was half-cut at the time), really really wanna Bumblebee

More seriously I really am impressed though, it would have been so easy for them to completely c*ck it up (and I was more than half expecting that) but they've managed not to at all. Fair enough the story line is a bit on the simple side and the characters aren't all that well developed but it's got about the right balance of cheese and humour, a fair few references for the big kids among us, and it just looks absolutely stunning

bigrich

posted on 29/7/07 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
just back from the pics with my eldest lad and wow what a great film, glad he pestered me into submition he just wants it on DVD now. an i want a Bumble Bee

well recommended
bigrich39 and Lewis8

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

DIY Si

posted on 29/7/07 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Now I've watched it I really really want a big yellow camaro! Brilliant film with the right balance of stuff going on. Lots of cool vehicles and a quite tasty bird too!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

damien

posted on 30/7/07 at 04:01 AM Reply With Quote
borrowed it this morning from a friend.

a great film but there just seem to be something missing, and afew things didnt add up too well.
i think the thing that bugged me the most was the way the robots got there car/plane/tank forms, i mean how do they do it just by looking at something they can copy it and become it?? dont follow the cartoons very well.
am i the only one that thought that prime was abit on the weak side when fighting megaton?

just little bits like that make me question it but over all very good.

best quote from the film

megatron
"you failed me AGAIN starscream!!"

how offen do you hear that in the cartoon

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

orbital

posted on 5/8/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
What a cracking action film! Michael Bay has his knockers (ooer) I mean Pearl Harbour still makes me twitch when I hear it's name mentioned but I reckon he's got Transformers bang on. It was cool when we came out the cinema as my seven year old son was just in total awe and kept saying things like "did you see how Megatron transformed" and "wish our car was an Autobot" It reminded me how I had been in 1977 after seeing Star Wars with my Dad for the first time, Jesus did I go on. Not putting Transformers on the same level as Star Wars for one moment, but it seemed to have a similar effect to my son as Star Wars did to me, top moment
bob

posted on 7/8/07 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Took my son (11.5yrs) this morning to see the film. he now wants me to sell the indy and buy an OLD camaro

I said only if i can trade your mother in for the honey in the film, she is a sort isnt she

Anyway my son loved the film and because of megan whatever her name is i enjoyed it too.

I know i wil get shouted at but still think the terminator and star wars films were better.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.