Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: need some help lads
imp paul

posted on 2/9/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
need some help lads

hi can anyone help me i would like to buy some con rods from us to the UK price is $1069.00 = 530.021 GBP so how much will it cost me to get them here with all that import duty and so on ??? eny help would be good this is the rods http://zxzone.com/cranks.html

[Edited on 2/9/07 by imp paul]

designer

posted on 2/9/07 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Contact one of the courier companies.

It might help if your supplier sends them with an invoice stating that they are 'samples' with no commercial value.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave1888

posted on 2/9/07 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I imported some gauges from the states a few months ago and they charged my vat on the total cost, purchase price+postage.

pathfinder

posted on 2/9/07 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Price of item + postage from usa + 3% import duty + vat + about £10 admin charge from parcel force,

Get a dodgy invoice with it and save a few quid is my advice

blakep82

posted on 2/9/07 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
if you know anyone in america, buy them, and have them shipped to their address in your name leave them there for 6 months, then you can have them sent over here without having to pay all the taxes etc, as far as i know

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

nasty-bob

posted on 2/9/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've bought a few things from the US and have paid as little as £10 postage. Obviously it depends on the weight but wouldn't have thought more than £30

As for import duty- I've always got away with it. As mentioned, ask them to mark as Gift or Samples and it'll be duty free.

Even if you do pay it, I bet it'll be cheaper in total than you'd pay over here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.