Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Electric shower
cerbera

posted on 26/9/07 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Electric shower

A friends electric shower broke so I volunteered myself to fit her a new one.
The existing shower has a side inlet for the water, but the new ones that we have looked at are either top or bottom inlet. Because of the way the existing water supply emerges from the wall I need a shower with a side inlet as I have tried, with the use of an extra fitting, to fit another shower but cant contain the pipework within the confines of the shower unit. (phew. Hope that makes sense).

So, what Im after is, is there anyone out there that knows of a shower make and model that has a side inlet.

Ta

gezer

posted on 26/9/07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
I can only suggest trying ebay,

i had to replace one a couple of years ago and could only find 150mm between inlet and outlet,
needless to say my old one was 6 inch and i had to get spacing washers made from nylon to fit in the couplings so the chrome bits sat on the tiles flat and not at an angle,

I'm to old to live and to young to die --- buggerit

llionellis

posted on 26/9/07 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar problem and managed to get away by using a flexible pipe from bodgit and quit
MkIndy7

posted on 26/9/07 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Most if not all I have seen can enter in most directions within the shower.
There is usually and elbow on the inlet that can be turned downwards, upwards, rearwards etc.
Or as said before a push-fit elbow or socket within the shower to turn it where you desire.

Bigheppy

posted on 26/9/07 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
When changing an old electric shower to a new one always ensure the cable is of sufficient cross sectional area. Most new showers have a greater kilowat rating and if the cable is too small it could catch fire.
cerbera

posted on 26/9/07 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bigheppy
When changing an old electric shower to a new one always ensure the cable is of sufficient cross sectional area. Most new showers have a greater kilowat rating and if the cable is too small it could catch fire.

Thanks for the tip, but I was replacing a 8.5KW shower with another for that reason. Ta.

martin1973

posted on 26/9/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
screwfix ?

martin

gezer

posted on 26/9/07 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
memory has just just started working,

i fitted a triton a few years ago and the cover had knock out parts in it round the sides so you could take the pipe in from any direction,

I'm to old to live and to young to die --- buggerit

GasGasGas

posted on 26/9/07 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Try b&q they do a shower with left hand side entrance. Its a budget model about £80/90.
Sorry but i cant remember the name but have a look at the display or open the box to find the right one. I had the same issue with a job a while ago and this was the only one i could find.

Catpuss

posted on 27/9/07 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
The B&Q one has a side inlet. Its a rebadged NewTeam(?). I have a NewTeam 1000. The motor packed up, looked, black as soot. Opend it up to find it was just the carbon brushes were worn. Phoned NewTeam and ordered new brushes. They send them for free. After 1/2 hr had the shower running again fine.

May be worth checking the motor first before replacement as even at there list price the brushes were only about a tenner to £20. Proably around the same for other showers too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.