Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Lack of progress
Catpuss

posted on 29/9/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Lack of progress

Well its several steps backwards now. After trying to work out why the bonnet doesn't butt up to the scuttle and nose, I've found why.

As I was told the battery tray butts to the firewall, I've based the suttle on that position. This resulted in it being about an inch behind the "turn in" points on the side pannels. After seeing ReMan's body work I decided the have another go.

The annoying thing is that the battery tray butts up perfectly to the firewall as if its meant to do that, but that means the scuttle doesn't align properly.

Inevitably, rivnuts worked loose during all this, had to be drilled out and replaced

Next job is the 3rd removal of the nose cone to re-do it.

This Indy is fighting me all the way. I feel like I've done nothing in the 2 months now other than buy nuts & bolts and cut swathing holes in the body work.

Oh and to round it all off, this means the bonnet catches don't mate up properly and all have to be re-done, i.e. patching drill holes.

RK

posted on 30/9/07 at 02:08 AM Reply With Quote
Although I'm nowhere near that far along, I can relate, as I'm sure many others can. Running off to buy bolts etc and taking stuff off to refit is a pain. I would like to have a "minder" or somebody to do all the running around for me so I could just stay in the garage and work. However, the budget doesn't allow for that.
Toady1

posted on 30/9/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
thats what the wife/girlfriend is for surely? thatas what i do anyway! lol!
Catpuss

posted on 30/9/07 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
I should have done what ReMan did, Sikaflex the side pannels in with an extra rivet at each end for peace of mind.

Still this week I will be mostly perfecting the art of covering up glass fibre drill holes

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.