Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hamilton faces Japan win inquiry
BenB

posted on 4/10/07 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hamilton faces Japan win inquiry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7027743.stm

Bernie and Max really don't want him to win do they?

stevec

posted on 4/10/07 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody whinging colonials again.

[Edited on 4/10/07 by stevec]

RickRick

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
i seem to remember him lewis saying something in an interview just after the race saying he found it hard to keep sight of the safty car, and was concerned about being hit from behind
Alez

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hWIfBkVQUk

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
"five car lengths" is a b!oody stupid rule in the wet anyway. The whole of F1 now is a total joke!! No thoughts of chucking Ferrari out for ignoring a direct order in not starting on the extreme wet tyres i see. If they want to look at dodgy stunts then look at M Schmacher over the years - how many times was he threatened with losing points for it??

Why didnt Moseley and his cronies just throw McClaren out if they were so determined to stop Lewis winning??

Bring back plans for the breakaway championship i recon!!

nib1980

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alez
Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hWIfBkVQUk

there even trying to hide the evidence now too!

James

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Video's been taken down...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
That Monaco race a few seasons ago, when JPM drove into the back of M Schumacher in the tunnel...

that was when MS 'brake tested' him wasn't it?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

BenB

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think that was under safety car conditions though was it?

I think the contentious bit here is whether Lewis was playing silly buggers behind the safety car....

James

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Weber:
"Part of me wonders whether he showed a little bit of naivety, while part of me wonders whether he had a few tricks up his sleeve. I'd say it was probably a bit of both."

Yeah, I'm sure Hamilton was really bricking it with Mark '10 points' Webber behind him!!!

Dangle_kt

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
gotta do something to maintain the interest levels in F1, I bet they had more interest since all this crap started than they have in the last 5 years.

F1 will end up a joke, like wrestling - forced to rebrand as entertainment rather than sport.

Wanna see a brit SPORTSman doing well? watch World superbikes.

nige

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
/\/\ /\/\

as above said

top man toseland

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

James

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

Wanna see a brit SPORTSman doing well? watch World superbikes.

Or Savate kickboxing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadTkRxeE5A

TeamGB won 2 Silvers and 3 Bronze medals at the last World championships.

And I'm hoping for a Gold at the Europeans in Belgium beginning of next month!

Cheers,
James

Alez

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Video's been taken down...

You would have flipped to it, honest. Let me see if the clip has been copied somewhere else.

Hammerhead

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
the s*17 won't stick to Hamilton. They are supposed to be racing drivers, why would he or any of them care about what goes on behind? they perhaps need to concentrate a little harder, or if they think Hamilton is driving erratically or dangerously they could have hung back a bit..............silly little boys.

Alez

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Copied..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJurnfxRm4

Watch it NOW!

BenB

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
You would have thought if there was any investigating to be done it would be against Ferrari for pulling someone into the pit and then doing diddly squit just so they can let their other driver pass.....

It is strange on the video though, it looks like he loses drive quite suddenly for a while... Perhaps it was wet and his foot slipped off the pedal....

Hammerhead

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
maybe Hamilton saw Vettel coming and moved to the outside, but Webber didn't see and got collected.

Alez

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Clip is quite revealing, I think it shows pretty much this sequence:

1. Hamilton gets side by side with safety car

2. Cars behind accelerate as a consequence (probably they can't see the safety car themselves)

3. Hamilton brakes

4. Car following him realizes he's gone PAST Hamilton and brakes to try and avoid that

5. Car behind crashes into it as a consequence

James

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the 2nd vid Alex.

It does look a little dodgy in that video, he clearly is more than 5 car lengths from the safety car from about 6.5-7secs into the vid.

But then again from the link in the 1st post:
"German driver Vettel echoed Webber's comments in criticising Hamilton.

"It was my fault, but it is clear the rhythm was not there," he said.

"We are all sitting in the same boat. At the point [of the crash) I was distracted, looking to the right.

"I was sure Hamilton was retiring, he seemed to have no power any longer, but by the time I looked back, I was already in Mark's rear end."

"Distracted looking to the right.... by the time I looked back, I was already in Mark's rear end"

Christ! I hope they don't take point off him!

If they hand the season to that little tit Alonso I'll give up on F1!

[Edited on 4/10/07 by James]

[Edited on 4/10/07 by James]

Hammerhead

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
maybe they should paint the 'safety' car a suitable colour to make it visible in the possible conditions where a 'safety' car might be needed.......but hey I'm sure that the FIA are getting a nice sum for letting Mercedes use their cars in their corporate (Silver Arrows) colours. After all Mosely has certain German connections.

BenB

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
If Max was sponsored by Mercedes though he probably wouldn't have shat all over McLaren though on behalf of Ferrari.........
Alez

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
maybe they should paint the 'safety' car a suitable colour to make it visible in the possible conditions where a 'safety' car might be needed.......

+1, Gulf / Le Mans color scheme just like your avatar would be nice and lot more useful Grey is a bit stupid!

thunderace

posted on 4/10/07 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
here is the thing your all missing if they do lewis they would have to do evryone who has been more than 5 cars behind the safty car year ,
the safty car slows very slow then floors in when it sees him at there side window look closely.i dont like lewis and i can see its not his fault if anyones its the safty cars fault.

Duncan_P

posted on 4/10/07 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yes the safety car does seem to slow down rather a lot, and then takes a rather strange line through the corner before resuming its faster pace...

Hamilton avoids the safety car rather than stamping on his brakes, which seems to be a sensible thing to do. Although admitidly he does seem to take a while to get back on the gas...(probably wondering what the two behind him are up to)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.