Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whats it worth? - Selling an astra
Catpuss

posted on 7/10/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Whats it worth? - Selling an astra

Well I'm selling a 1.6 GLS astra (95 with 79K miles decent nick) in the local paper for £550, hoping for £450. Does this sound right or too much? Its up again next week so we could just drop the price. Had lots of calls and a couple of visits but they were after just an old runner, not expecting something of its condition for the age.

One guy came round, offered me £250 and got really sh!tty when I politley said it was not enough whinging that it was too old for that and that the power steering felt heavy compared to his mate's new Audi which was finger touch.

Thinking back, with 11 months MOT and 5 months tax I could cash in the tax (say £70), take out the new CD Player (£60), drain the fuel (£25 left) and drive it to the breakers (£100?) and still get near what he offered. Even the disks,pads shoes, slaves and windscreen are less that a year old, so I could contemplate breaking it myself.

Mansfield

posted on 7/10/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
You should get £450 for that - you just need the right buyer.

I dont know why exactly but everything I have succesfully sold has had 'must sell hence' in the advert. Also '£450 no offers' can keep the crap away. 'Not the usual rubbish' bolsters the cars profile.

Freeads is cheap enough for several adverts as long as the tax doesn't get eaten away.

Catpuss

posted on 8/10/07 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks. Yep its a case of holding out or cutting the losses really.

Go back 10 to 15 years and a 10 year old car was generally a bit of a shed, these days a 10 year old car still has a good solid body work and drive train and several years left in it.

Its the attitude people take that its not up the same condition as a new car that annoys me. They seem to want a £5K car for £500.

Peteff

posted on 8/10/07 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
My BIL is selling his for £200. It's N reg 1.4 but it is a shed usually full of fishing tackle and dog hair and the engine cuts out occasionally and needs a rest before it will restart.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.