Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ARGHHHH! DVLA
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 10/10/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
ARGHHHH! DVLA

Saw the other DVLA rant and laughed a little inside.
My tale of woe

I got married on the 1st of September so naturally my wife wanted to change her name on her driving license. Sent of all the forms, and got back in the post her new driving licence. They hadn't changed her surname and they got out address wrong!#@!!$ It was correct on her old one!!!!

Normally we would just laugh it off but we were leaving to move to oklahoma about a week after getting the incorrect licence.

We rang them up and told them, they said they would fix it no problems; but they couldn't get it back to us before we were due to leave.
We said ok can you send it to us in the states, and duly gave them the address. They said they couldn't send it internationally because the address was too long for their machine!!!! They were also unwilling to hand write an envolope.

I wouldn't have minded if the reason they couldn't send it was because of security or something but this excuse just seemed weak!

[Edited on 10/10/07 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

02GF74

posted on 10/10/07 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Computer says "no"!
Catpuss

posted on 10/10/07 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Can you get them to send it to your current home address and get royal mail to automatically forward it on. I'm sure you can get that set up with them when you move home. I don't know if they will do international though.
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 11/10/07 at 03:38 AM Reply With Quote
getting the thing isn't a problem its just the DVLA being really awkward

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.