Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MOT needed now?
les

posted on 13/1/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
MOT needed now?

Hi all,

I declared the tiger SORN while I did some repaires over winter, I just tried to tax it online and got a message stating it needed an MOT- I built and registered it
in feb 2007, and didnt need one last time i taxed it, as its still less than three years old do I need one?

Les

ash_hammond

posted on 13/1/09 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Good and bad news, no i dont think you need one.

The bad news is its a trip to the hobbits at the DVLA to sort it out, i had the same problem.

-- Ash

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

Benzine

posted on 13/1/09 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Tax it in person at a post office and explain the situation. Sometimes at a main branch they won't budge and won't tax it, at some post offices (my local village) they understand the situation and taxed it for me

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
les

posted on 13/1/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys,

Not sure what to do, mot is only £15 at my local place- I have a 2L zetec with bike carbs, and am worried about failing on emmissions,

v5 states in special notes section "%CO 3.5 HC 0.12 "

anyone know if im likely to pass?
SVA man was very easy on me as I remember!!

Les

YQUSTA

posted on 13/1/09 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
if you goto the PO tell the the score they have a number to ring at the DVLA to check if the dont believe you.

take the v5 with you to prove reg date

Humbug

posted on 13/1/09 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I had that every year I tried. Went to the local PO and told them, and they sold me the tax disc. They said that "the system" would refuse to issue the tax disc if an MOT was needed. Anyway, you've got nothing to lose by going there and trying it
BenB

posted on 13/1/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Easy. Get yourself an MOT excemption form off the direct.gov website, fill in it, send it off with your application for road tax and V5 to your local DVLA office (recorded delivery), wait a few days for the post, job done. Done that twice now.... Obviously it's MOT next time!!
robinj66

posted on 13/1/09 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
I don' t think you'll have any problems getting your car through with those emission figures.

If in doubt, why not get the garage to run a check first - they might even set them up for you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.