Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Track and race car Magazine.
procomp

posted on 18/5/09 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Track and race car Magazine.

Hi

The next issue is out on the 25th. Features an article on a few of the LOCOST race cars. Including two cars from forum members. Have been told it should be a good little article.
But then they would say that wouldent they. Didn'T expect him to say dont buy our magazine

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
les

posted on 18/5/09 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

they were at brands hatch at a trackday when i was there with the avon and a member called ernie who is a locost racer.
They seemed like nice guys- took some pictures which they were supposed to email me but didnt!!

LEs

procomp

posted on 18/5/09 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Yep the article testing was all done the day before the last Brands hatch race on the Friday testing. Not sure what cars where there exactly as i was away on holiday so missed that race meeting. I know that TMC motorsport had there BIO powered car and blackie had his LA locost featured as well as Brian Mitchams car and there was at least one more as far as i know.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mediabloke

posted on 18/5/09 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
The next issue is out on the 25th. Features an article on a few of the LOCOST race cars. Including two cars from forum members.

Slightly OT, but does anyone know where you can get the magazine? Is it subscription-only or do some of the chains tend to stock it. Looks uncannily like the Cars & Car Conversions of yesteryear...

Rob Bartley

posted on 19/5/09 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
You really have to search for the mag. I can usually pick it up at WHSmiths, BUT not always & they only usually have a very limited number of copies.

It is very much like CCC, but not quite as good.

Cheers, Rob

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

mediabloke

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Rob. I'm passing a couple of WHS stores on Saturday, so I'll have a look.
procomp

posted on 27/5/09 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Anyone brought it or read it yet. Still waiting for my subscribed one to arrive.

Cheers Matt

Fred W B

posted on 27/5/09 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It is very much like CCC, but not quite as good.

I would say not nearly as good. I've stopped buying it as every time I did I was disapointed. The editorial style just sets my teeth on edge, it seems to be written by a couple of youngsters who know a bit, but not a lot.

If you only look at the pictures, and not actually read it it might be okay

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 27/5/09 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.