Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Re-packing my silencer...
StevieB

posted on 25/10/09 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Re-packing my silencer...

Can anyone offer advice on re-packing my silencer to reduce noise levels (piccies would be nice if anyone has them).

I've already passed SVA, but having been out for a few drives it is a bit too loud and my nearest track (Elvington) is quite strict on noise levels (even more so than SVA last time I went).

I figured the silencer I have (MK supplied 3 years ago) probably just needs re-packing but wanted to ask advice before I go opening it all up.

I'm not fitting a baffle of any type as it sapped power last time on track to the point where I couldn't even keep up on the sighting laps. If I can get things a little more civilised generally, I might consider a temp baffle just to get through any noise tests then remove it thereafter.

Cheers

Steve

Blackcab

posted on 25/10/09 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
the guys at Elvington will sell you a little baffle on the day if its too loud .. repacking is easy I did mine a few weeks back, bought this off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310170059972&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.