Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dash pictures
Northy

posted on 12/4/04 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Dash pictures

Right guys, looking for a bit of inspiration / ideas for this one, can people post pictures of their dash and / or dash pictures of layouts they like please?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 12/4/04 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
Our dash...

Just put ours online...

Looking better everyday!

wicket

posted on 13/4/04 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Graham
Pic of ours in the photo archive. Its built up from sealed mdf with SVA 19mm rad on the bottom edges, covered with expanded vinyl. Fits behind the flange on the scuttle with bow shaped trim piece covered in the same material to cover the scuttle flange. No fasteners show. Indicators are hidden until lit.
Eric

Fifer

posted on 13/4/04 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Pic of mine in my archive (not installed)
Crazy Jay

posted on 13/4/04 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry for changing subject, but does any1 know if mk sell carbon dashes?
For my interior im gonna buy a sheet on 2mm Carbon fibre to cover the trans tunnel, with milled out rounded squares on 5mm alu to surround the gearstick, handbrake and key, starter button. With the carbon dash and R1 clocks mounted from behind like hellfires (Amazin dash by the way)

Jonte

posted on 13/4/04 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wicket
Graham
Pic of ours in the photo archive. Its built up from sealed mdf with SVA 19mm rad on the bottom edges, covered with expanded vinyl. Fits behind the flange on the scuttle with bow shaped trim piece covered in the same material to cover the scuttle flange. No fasteners show. Indicators are hidden until lit.
Eric

Nice dashboard, looks great.
Do you have more detailed pics?

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wicket

posted on 13/4/04 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Jonte
I have a few more, I will post them tonight if possible.

steve m

posted on 13/4/04 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
For those that have seen my car this will/should make sense, for those that have not, you have to imagine

My dash is made from ply wood, covered in 1/2 foam and then vinyal over the top

the scuttle frame is about an inch inside the alui scuttle cover (ie the shiney bit that you see)
the dash is then placed into the void, and as it is slanted forward it stays there by its own device, on the sharp edge of the alui I have put some fancy U shaped edgeing, that covers that sva unfriendley sharp edge. and also by magic (careful design) when the U edgeing is pushed into place the dash board is clamped in fairly tight, there are no screws or fastenings holding the dash in place

steveImage deleted by owner

Hellfire

posted on 13/4/04 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Carbonfibre Material

I believe MK do sell the CF stuff to which you refer Jay... give them a call. Or email them...

Nice dash's all around...

[Edited on 13-4-04 by Hellfire]

Jasper

posted on 13/4/04 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Here's mine, slightly modified for SVA (digidash flush, central metal switched removed, black plumbers tubing used for bottom radius which actually looks good and will be let after SVA)

BTW - beautiful job Hellfire. Rescued attachment dscn0145.jpg
Rescued attachment dscn0145.jpg

locoboy

posted on 13/4/04 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
The main clock cluster is mounted in ally then the mdf is going to be covered in black vinyl - bit of imagination required at the moment to visualise it but it will look ok i think. the warning lights are going in the curved section mounted in the same way. isolator on the left and fuel and volt meter on the right of the wheel.
ally dash blank inc clocks
ally dash blank inc clocks

mdf and ally dash blank
mdf and ally dash blank

[Edited on 13/4/04 by colmaccoll]

ATB
Locoboy

steve m

posted on 13/4/04 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
I feel a bit left out now !!!
my dash is "conventional"

steve

Jasper

posted on 13/4/04 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Colmacoll - very TVR looking - nice
zetec

posted on 13/4/04 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Pic on archive. Set up works OK, but suspect MK2 will be tried soon as things change when you get on the road! Too busy trying to avoid everyone else who now appear to be driving in slow motion to watch dials. Bigger shift light would be good, then forget rev counter, forget speedo as you will always be over the limit.
Hellfire

posted on 13/4/04 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Crikey Col...

MASSIVE pictures!

Does look cool tho'

[Edited on 13-4-04 by Hellfire]

locoboy

posted on 13/4/04 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
sorry chaps, i didnt check my post, i just posted and ran! - had things to do. had a v. productive day today, was outside at 9.00 am drilling and filing the holes in the ally for the dash, sanded the cut outs on the MDF dash blank, PVA'd the black vinyl onto it, then followd up with painting the chassis (when the sun got round to it about 11.00), put pedal box back together on F27, fitted new top coilover mountings to the front pair on my F27.

you have to make the most of this weather when you dont have a garage! Shame my long bank holiday weened is now over though

ATB
Locoboy

wicket

posted on 13/4/04 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Jonte

Few more pics of the dash & trim in photo archive

Martin Sports Car

posted on 13/4/04 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
wicket

GOOD WORK THAT YOU HAVE THERE

Jonte

posted on 14/4/04 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wicket
Jonte

Few more pics of the dash & trim in photo archive

Nice photos....now I know what to do next winter to replace the dash I´m making now

Click it

Alistair Mc

posted on 14/4/04 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
dash pics

I like whats been done with all the posts. Have posted pics before, but here they are again, vynal covered mdf (seats recovered capri recaro)

I like the aloy

Fifer

posted on 14/4/04 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Jay
For my interior im gonna buy a sheet on 2mm Carbon fibre to cover the trans tunnel, with milled out rounded squares on 5mm alu to surround the gearstick, handbrake and key, starter button. With the carbon dash and R1 clocks mounted from behind like hellfires (Amazin dash by the way)

Europaspares sell the carbon sheet (and real stuff also) Luego also sell the dash panel pre shaped for scuttle £50.00 I beleive

Fifer

Fifer

posted on 14/4/04 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Europaspares sell the carbon sheet (and real stuff also) Luego also sell the dash panel pre shaped for scuttle £50.00 I beleive

Fifer

Fifer

posted on 14/4/04 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Fifer

Hellfire

posted on 14/4/04 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
OK, OK, we hear. Are you on commission ? Or are you just getting your posting count up?

[Edited on 14-4-04 by Hellfire]

Lightning

posted on 15/4/04 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
I got carbon fibre rolled at the bottom with 20mm dia roll.
Simple but quite effective and not bad for £20. Reused bike gauges (except fuel) Rescued attachment Dash 002.jpg
Rescued attachment Dash 002.jpg

Steve

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.