Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yet another new midi?
Alez

posted on 31/5/04 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Yet another new midi?

I didn't know this one, just saw it on Sat in a car show in Madrid.

http://www.yes-roadster.net/

830 kg but does 0-60 in 4.2 secs from a turbo-ed straight 4 producing 286 bhp, they are using a well known engine, I asked the guy at they show but I can't remember what it is now.

phelpsa

posted on 31/5/04 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
It's pretty ugly though.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 31/5/04 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like paul banhams bat !!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 31-5-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

AvonBelgium

posted on 31/5/04 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
VW/AUDi 1.8 t engine
Spyderman

posted on 31/5/04 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
I like it!

Would like to see some more body shots though.
Reminds me of the 5EXI and it's kind.

Very tidy!

Spyderman

violentblue

posted on 31/5/04 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
I like the look, didn't check it out from all angles though

a few pics of my other projects

Alan B

posted on 31/5/04 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, there's more I like than dislike...quite nice...

BUT, why do people insist on having these shite, flashy, slow, low-content websites? I'm struggling to find any decent sized views I can study....grrrrrrr...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alez

posted on 31/5/04 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
BUT, why do people insist on having these shite, flashy, slow, low-content websites? I'm struggling to find any decent sized views I can study....grrrrrrr...

Annoying!!

BTW, forgot to mention it's not the classic spaceframe + GPR panels, but a monocoque (or kind of) made of aluminum and things: yes, the guy at the show had all his concepts mixed up, sometimes it's better to have no info (like in the website) than being fed with random data from some random temp-expert.

derf

posted on 31/5/04 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I like it, reminds me of a few mitusbishi concept vehicles, epecially the rpm 7000:

and the new eclipse concept

chrisg

posted on 31/5/04 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like an upturned bathtub, and the website is SOOOOoooo anoying.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Mk-Ninja

posted on 31/5/04 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Nah

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

robinbastd

posted on 31/5/04 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yea,mostly

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

kb58

posted on 1/6/04 at 02:33 AM Reply With Quote
I like it, looks a lot like an Audi TT... which I also like. Don't like the scissor doors though.
kb58

posted on 1/6/04 at 02:42 AM Reply With Quote
I just noticed the car requires 98 octane fuel. I don't know where you live but all I can say is, good luck finding it. Must be a European-only thing.
TheGecko

posted on 1/6/04 at 05:30 AM Reply With Quote
Kurt,

I'm surprised to hear that 98 RON fuel is a rarity in the US. Premium unleaded is required for a lot of new cars now in Australia (my Mazda 6 for example). My preferred brew is Shell Optimax (data sheet here) but I think all of the big oil companies have a premium product of one sort or another now.

Then again, the usual North American approach to performance is just to add more cubic inches rather than lifting compression <ducks and runs>.

Dominic

P.S. Took your advice from some time back and started watching the DVD's of "The Office". Oh My God .... How did I miss this hilarious show when it first aired. Thanks for the heads up.

GTAddict

posted on 1/6/04 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
When the fuel testing labs of a certain large well known motor vehicle company blind tested pump-drawn Shell Optimax in the UK, the RON of all samples was between 101 and 103.

My FTO lives on nothing else.

Mark.

andkilde

posted on 1/6/04 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
The confusion lies in octane ratings.

The 98 is RON, the 94 we get in North America from Sunoco is (RON+MON)/2

MON=motor octane number which is a test done using an SAE standard "test engine" at really abyssmal running conditions, high intake temp among them.

MON usually runs 10 points below RON which is a "test tube" measure of octane.

So...

Our 94 is about the same as their 100, except for those unfortunate folks in California who get saddled with 91(ish) octane goat urine.

Have I confused you more?

Cheers, Ted

kb58

posted on 1/6/04 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, here in California the highest I ever see at gas stations is 92 octane. Unless you buy race gas, high octane just isn't going to happen.

Re "The Office", yes, isn't that an amazing show?!

Alez

posted on 2/6/04 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Uh, I'm a bit embarrased to ask, but what does octane mean to us users from a plain practical standpoint? Better performance? (More bhp.) Less engine mechanical stress? (Less maintainance.) Better miles per gallon? (So it ends up being cheaper.) I'm used to putting just anything and I'm obviously wrong considering this thread!
andkilde

posted on 2/6/04 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Octane ratings determine a fuel's "knock" resistance. Knock occurs when the fuel in the combustion chamber self ignites before the spark plug fires.

Octane rating has no effect on the amount of energy the fuel contains though. If your car runs without knock on low octane fuel you will not make more power or get better mileage by purchasing premium.

But, knock is very bad and can destroy an engine rapidly -- best to stick with manufacturers recommendations for stock engines and experiment with modified ones.

FWIW, a BEC will probably need premium.

Cheers, Ted

[Edited on 2/6/04 by andkilde]

Alez

posted on 2/6/04 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot Ted, very clear. I'm now changing to premium for my Blade, sticking to 95 for my good old Golf GTI

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.