Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Sign-Makers in The House?
scootz

posted on 23/2/11 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Any Sign-Makers in The House?

I need a couple of 'stay out of my garden or my dog may eat you' type-signs made up

It's Evolution Baby!

Triton

posted on 23/2/11 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a stickery cuttery outer as I use it to cut vinyl to go on t shirts......what kinda size are you wanting?

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 23/2/11 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers...

I was thinking of two A3 sized signs.

One with this text:

DO NOT ENTER

Rottweiler Dogs at Play

Stand Back From
Gate & Use Intercom

The other with:

DO NOT ENTER

Rottweiler Dogs at Play

Stand Back From Gate
& Use Top Entrance

I'd previously thought about going the vinyl lettering route... white lettering on a forest-green acrylic board.

It's Evolution Baby!

Andybarbet

posted on 23/2/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Locost way could be to print from a computer and use an A3 laminator pouch over it, we have signs at work on the front of the building like this and they weather quite well.

Mind you, you would need someone that can print A3 and laminate but most offices have these sort of machines, good luck.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

scootz

posted on 23/2/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Andy... had thought of that, but want it to look half decent.

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 23/2/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
How about "One Way"?

So people will know if they come in here there's only one way out, in a bodybag!

scootz

posted on 23/2/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
How about "One Way"?

So people will know if they come in here there's only one way out, in a bodybag!

That's the worry!

The youngest dog was a complete sweetie... right up until we fenced / gated the garden! Since then she's made it clear that the garden IS HERS! You come in... it's on HER TERMS!

It's Evolution Baby!

dhutch

posted on 23/2/11 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Never really know what the point in these signs is.

If you have a soft dog, they make it look like your compensating
I you have a dangours dog they wont help you in court one bit
and without a dog they make you look like a bit of a birk...!

jacko

posted on 23/2/11 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
I hope no one that is blind comes to your house
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 23/2/11 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I like the ones with "My (insert breed) can make it to the gate in 2.4 seconds. Can you?" on them.
mistergrumpy

posted on 23/2/11 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
With all your monet Scootz I thought the butler would just sort it.
scootz

posted on 24/2/11 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Never really know what the point in these signs is...

Then let me help you out a bit...

I love my dog and wouldn't want to see it destroyed just because (in its mind) it's defending me and its territory. I am also a responsible owner, and I wouldn't want some random visitor bitten.

Soooo... I have spent some of my money to fence the dog in and put up an intercom. The sign is to be placed at the exact point of entry and is making it plain... don't come in - there is a hazard! Use the intercom! If someone then disregards the sign and wanders in, then I think I have done my bit, and I would hope that a court would recognize this (history shows they do).

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 24/2/11 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
I hope no one that is blind comes to your house

I'd be most surprised if a blind person made it to my house without a normally-sighted person. I live out in the country!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 24/2/11 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
With all your money Scootz I thought the butler would just sort it.

How I wish that was true...

It's Evolution Baby!

Brooky

posted on 24/2/11 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, I had a similar issue with my border collie about 5 years ago.
a 12 yr old girl was posting leaflets around the estate. She pushed the leaflet through my letter box, but pushed her had right the way in. The dog saw this as a threat, so she bit them.....
The mother came round later that evening and asked what I was going to do about my dangerous dog. So I laughed at her, a lot!!!! My response was along the lines of, "hang on a minute, your 12 yr old daughter wasnt properly supervised, came onto my property unsolicited, unannounced and unwanted. She then sticks her hand into my house and is surprised she got bitten! my dog was defending her space." She wasn't happy with that response and mentioned dangerous dogs act.
Next day the police came around and opened with the line "Were here because some stupid woman has made a complaint and we have to come."
So I pretty much knew what they were going to say about it all. There response was the dangerous dogs act, which does give police the power to destroy your dog, only applies to dogs that are out of control in public areas. As your garden is not public it doesn't apply.
I realise that you would know all this anyway Scott, but i thought it was a good example of a practical scenario.

kipper

posted on 24/2/11 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
could you not put a remote controlled lock on the gate then visitors would have to use the intercom for you to unlock the gate?
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

scootz

posted on 24/2/11 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys... interesting thought on the remote controlled lock - will have a look into that one (it's two wooden swing gates that meet in the middle, so not the easiest to cater for, but there's bound to be something available).

It's Evolution Baby!

dhutch

posted on 25/2/11 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
If someone then disregards the sign and wanders in, then I think I have done my bit, and I would hope that a court would recognize this (history shows they do).

If thats the case then fair do's. It certainly works in my mind, but come sense doesnt always apply.

Iconic-Images signmakers

posted on 26/9/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
signmakers

We are signmakers.....
We could make you a sign. We also offer a range of sign making services including vehicle graphics and wrapping, window graphics, shop front signs & fascias, name plates & plaques, PVC banners and site signs. Visit our website for our extensive list of products.

Our company can be found at www.iconic-images.com

Please follow the link below for more information.

<a href="http://iconic-images.com/" title="sign makers">sign makers</a>

www.iconic-images.com

MikeFellows

posted on 26/9/11 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ive a 1yr old rottie and seen the funniest thing yesterday

me and the misses where taking the dog to the beach when we met a friend along the way and where stood there chatting

kid comes along on his scooter and almost crashes in the the side of the dog (trying to be clever), dog barked like mad at him, kid stood there and cried - i told him to stop being a fanny and have a bit more sense when riding his scooter around dogs - made my day

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.