Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy BEC Insurance?
rb968

posted on 18/3/11 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy BEC Insurance?

Just been ringing round a few insurance companies/brokers to get quotes to insure the Indy prior to IVA and got a mixed bag so far.

MK Indy ZX9 £7k value, 3000 miles, garaged but at different address to mine, 36yrs old , no accidents or claims.

Adrian Flux quoted £190.53

Footman James £ 315.88 only cover up to 14 days on Chassis number.

Sureterm won't insure not at owners address.......

2Gether Insurance not happy about not at owner address, sucked through teeth when mentioned bike engine and said instant 150% loading so can't get near ???????? Didn't really believe me on the Flux quote I think.

Going to try a few others just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations......is it really as stupid as who you speak to as to whether they know anything or feel like quoting?

So also, do I need insurance if towing the MK around to get work done etc prior to IVA?

Having searched the Flux quote seems reasonable compared with what others have got.

Rich

rj

posted on 18/3/11 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
under £200 (for a year I assume) isnt bad, I paid that last year, same car/ engine/milage as yours, I am 44 but did have an at fault accident in 2004. I am with sureterm at present. I looked into insurance prior to SVA but insurers were insisting on reg no. within 14 days, they didnt appear to understand that you dont get a no. untill it has PASSED, I took it on a trailer, didnt bother with insurance
hobzy

posted on 18/3/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 37 with an R1 indy and my insurance wasnt far off that with Adrian Flux. (Bit less). Sounds about right.

rb968

posted on 18/3/11 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one.

Another question as well then. If they ask for engine size and I say 899cc. They ask petrol? I say yes. They ask Manual or automatic? I say manual. Am I supposed to say oh btw its a motorbike engine?

It could be a lawnmower engine for all they know.......I am a stickler for owning up to everything to prevent insurance firms trying to riggle out later just wasn't clear if I need to point out its a bike engine?

Rich

[Edited on 18/3/11 by rb968]

phoenix70

posted on 18/3/11 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
I would answer the questions honestly, but there is no need to mention it's a bike engine. They will probably asks you for the power output that should give it away.

Cheers

Scott

koiking125

posted on 18/3/11 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
£135.00 here with 2gether on an 918cc Fireblade MK.

MK Owners Club Member (Frosty) No.1159

rb968

posted on 18/3/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
That makes me think about ringing 2Gether back and speaking to someone else. The reaction when I confirmed it was a bike engine was that it was massively loaded and I was ticking all the wrong boxes to get a low quote?

Mmmmm...

martyn1137

posted on 18/3/11 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a decent quote, my MK Indy Blackbird engined with 2 drivers me at 56 years and shared owner age 65ish! with no major incidents to report 3k pa was £157 last November. Garaged at home - normally.

You'll find it hard to beat that I suspect.

rb968

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Interestingly just had a call back from Allstyle Cars who quoted £316.84 for the year.

He said the bike engine has such a high loading that why its so much more. He warned me the Flux quote was probably just on 900cc and not as a bike engine?????? wtf

Asked him why and he said as a bike engine is so light and yet powerful the car will therefore be faster and so higher risk. Yet no one asked me the weight of the car??

Don't you just love insurance.

So come on you lot with £1xx quotes did you declare its a bike engine or just the capacity?

Rich

koiking125

posted on 18/3/11 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
The guy at 2gether was really into the fact that it was a bike engined car, said it was one of there specialities, was a bit miffed when the quote went up £10.00 this year tho!!

Previous years I was with Adrian Flus at just above £150.00, both told it was a bike engine.

MK Owners Club Member (Frosty) No.1159

Bladerunner

posted on 18/3/11 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance

Just re-newed my insurance tonight with 2gether, Fireblade 912, 3K miles per year, age 59, £90 fully comp

Adventure before Dementia

martyn1137

posted on 18/3/11 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Al engine and car details fully disclosed for my premium. Adrian Flux policy is with insurer Equity Red Star who seem to cover a lot of unusual vehicles. They covered my quad a few years ago and cover my bike.

Not all brokers get the same rates from them. When renewing the bike insurance this year the renewal premium was higher for TPFT than a fresh quote on line for comprehensive. I was with this insurer and that was who the fresh quote was from. The old policy broker admited they could not get access to the best rate so I had to change broker to stay with the same insurer.

As you say 'don't you just love insurance'.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.