Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Getting rid of the donor..
Aston

posted on 15/7/04 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Getting rid of the donor..

First post! My name is Aston, and i just started work on a 3TC (Corolla engine here in the states.) powered Lotus 7, and am building it largely based on what the "book" says. I'm in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I just bought my donor car a week ago, and it's already pretty much stripped now. Does anybody know the best way to dispose of a car that doesn't roll? I was thinking about just chopping it up with a sawzall and throwing the bits on my trailor (Small, 8x4ft, single axle.) and taking them to the scrap yard. Is there a better way, that i may not be thinking of?

-Aston

85' Dodge Omni GLH
Project Locost

Mark Allanson

posted on 15/7/04 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
You can reduce a full shell into manageable bits with an axe in about 30 minutes. A great stress management technique

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Chris_R

posted on 16/7/04 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
When I had mine I stripped it of everthing but the hubs and wheels and arranged a collection date with the local scrapper. When the day came I rolled it out, jacked it up and finished it off.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.