Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: vectra 1.9 no oil.....
graememk

posted on 2/5/11 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
vectra 1.9 no oil.....

i got a local garage to change the oil and filter on my car the other week as i had a whole week of 250 mile a day driving to do, home to birmingham and back.

on the sunday (day after oil change) the oil light came on as i left my village i turned off the engine and stopped the car, there was a massive trail of oil around the village (i spent 2 hours covering it in bags of cat litter)

called the garage monday morning who towed my car in for me, fixed it but i wasnt happy as they didnt do a very good job of cleaning a 25k 3 year old car, that now has a engine bay that looks like a 20 year old cortina with old oil every where

thats now cleaned as good as i can get it.

but now my cars making this noise......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmfcDeksgrA

anyone else think the same as me???

what would you do ?

[Edited on 2/5/11 by graememk]

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/5/11 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
How did the oil get out?? and yes I am thinking the same as you.
As for what do you do then first off a face to face with the garage proprieter to see what he proposes to do about his employees incompetence ( liability insurance ). If he's arsy about it then I'd say a solicitors letter followed by the small claims court ( IF the money side is high enough to cover the damage.)

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

graememk

posted on 2/5/11 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
according to the 2nd garage i took it to to check the work was carried out correctly the filter wasnt fitted right, common problem so i was told.

Project7

posted on 2/5/11 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Omega, try to get some kind of written statement from the second garage ASAP detailing their findings.
big_wasa

posted on 2/5/11 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Thats not good. As you already know by the time the presure gets low enough to put the light on the damage has been done.
PSpirine

posted on 2/5/11 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Thats not good. As you already know by the time the presure gets low enough to put the light on the damage has been done.

Unless it's Japanese!
I was changing the oil on my old man's Yaris once, drained it, left it on Axle stands to grab a sandwich before changing the filter (it was still too hot to touch). When I returned the car was gone! He'd lowered it off the axle stands thinking I'd finished changing the oil and driven off!!

Drove 10 miles and the oil light only occasionally dimly flickered despite the only oil being what was in the old filter at the time.

I was proper sure the car would be Fubar'd. 5 years later and at 150k engine is still good as new

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.