Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Child seats which fit in bucket seats
Promai Joe

posted on 21/5/11 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Child seats which fit in bucket seats

Hi all,

Has anyone tried and succeeded in putting a child seat or booster seat etc in a bucket seat. I am now just waiting for my plate number from the DVLA and would like to take my daughter out in the car.

Marcus

posted on 21/5/11 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Not really advisable if you have harness seatbelts, the boosters are designed for diagonal and lap systems.....

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spdpug98

posted on 21/5/11 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
I got a polystyrene booster seat from 'Freecycle' and trimmed it down to fit inside my seats, I put it in the seat with a non slip fabric

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

Hellfire

posted on 21/5/11 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Do a search for posts by 'darrenw' and the keywords 'booster seat' or 'child seat'

He spent ages looking for one that would fit and eventually found one at Matalan IIRC.

Phil

hobzy

posted on 21/5/11 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
The cheap halfords booster base fits in my tritons... my daughter (5 but very tall) gets the odd lift to school about a mile away, but Marcus is right, its very hard to get the harness to sit right and took a lot of trial and error.

Promai Joe

posted on 26/5/11 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
I bought one of those bubblebum seats, I was seriously worried googling this at work for fear of what elese may come up.

It seems to work. Nothing will be brilliant at 5, but I only picked her up from school and with all the speed bumps did not really past 20mph.

The bonus of this seat is that I can fold it up and take it to the states when I visit my brother.
Thank you for the advice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.