Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eBay help needed
r1_pete

posted on 10/6/11 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
eBay help needed

I just sold an Item on ebay, sent the buyer an invoice, now he's asking if I can post to Malta, not a problem, and he's happy to pay the extra, but, I cant see a way of changing the invoice, anyone done similar before, or got any suggestions?
Cheers.
Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnq

posted on 10/6/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
ebay

get the buyer to gift you the extra through paypal(in advance)of course

looks like rain again

jossey

posted on 10/6/11 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
if you sell to someone abroad they will say they aint had the parcel and you will have to refund them.

ive sold 4 items to people abroad and ALL of them had to be refunded.

not worth the hassell.

Only way i would is to get them (as above) to gift you the money or western union it.

otherwise the will f**k you.

im sure some people have had ok transactions but most go wrong.

Just turn on in seller settings to sell inside UK only.

good luck but be careful.

DJ

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 10/6/11 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Depends what it is, if it's anything the buyer can say is not working or broken, then I wouldn't do it. You're likely to get an email saying it wasn't as descirbed, then Paypal will take the money out of your account and you're stuffed.

Make sure you restrict your bidders to those with good reputation and located in acceptable countries, it's in your personal settings some where.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

r1_pete

posted on 10/6/11 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all, its only a reversing lamp, I photographed it lit and not, he has a UK address and seems quite genuine, but you can't tell.

You have to wonder whether its worth selling things for peanuts, rather than just binning them.

I have sussed it though - on the summary list, More actions, Send payment details, amend amount, preview invoice, send invoice.

scootz

posted on 10/6/11 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
if you sell to someone abroad they will say they aint had the parcel and you will have to refund them.
ive sold 4 items to people abroad and ALL of them had to be refunded.
not worth the hassell.
Only way i would is to get them (as above) to gift you the money or western union it.
otherwise the will f**k you.
im sure some people have had ok transactions but most go wrong.
Just turn on in seller settings to sell inside UK only.
good luck but be careful.
DJ

I've sold dozens of things to folk overseas via eBay (does that surprise anyone ) and had the exact opposite experience. Seamlessly smooth transactions every single time and a level of polite communication that I hardly ever get when dealing with a British eBayer!

It's Evolution Baby!

myke pocock

posted on 10/6/11 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Well scootz, I dont know who you have been dealing with in the UK but I have rarely had anything but polite communication and I am up to about the 250 mark both buying and selling. Suppose my time will come then eh?
scootz

posted on 10/6/11 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not saying that I don't get polite communication on UK eBay transactions... I do. Mostly though there is no communication - just a payment arrives, or is sent, and then there's a positive feedback when the item has been received. And that's fine - no problems!

But whenever I've dealt with folk overseas there tends to be more 'chat' and a genuine expression of gratitude that's separate to the feedback message left for the business (whichever way it went). That's also fine!

I guess what I'm trying to put across is that foreign ebayers are not all fraudsters!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.