Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fury Blade Downshift problem
tandi

posted on 14/10/11 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Fury Blade Downshift problem

Hi All

On my last trackday at Combe my Fury Blade developed a downshift problem.

First occurred when entering Quarry, braked hard, went to change down and met resistance from the stick and no gears, car lost drive, when I lifted of the clutch there was lots noise like the box was slightly engaged. Dip clutch again, car stalled! Managed to crunch into a gear eventually as I was cruising around the corner and bump start. Problem was intermittent at first but then started to happen on every corner :-(

Drove home to Bournemouth OK at slow speeds, but box was behaving a bit weird, a couple of times it seemed to changing gear automatically!

I have taken out once since to try and replicate problem, no issues going up the box, but hard on the brakes and try to change down the car just locks up, stalls, crunch and there you go again.

Any body have any ideas what the problem could be? I don't think it's clutch as when stationary, I can engage a gear, dip clutch and push car no problem.

Cheers
Kevin

adithorp

posted on 14/10/11 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a broken box but what exactly, I can't say. Give Andy Bates a ring at AB Performance (a search on here should bring up his number) as he's the expert on all things blade engine related.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

tandi

posted on 14/10/11 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Adi, I have a feeling Andy may have supplied the engine in the first place.
mark chandler

posted on 14/10/11 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Is the lever fouling, precluding you from selecting properly, on the track you do tend to become a bit brutal and can bend linkages etc, unfortunately you also tend to bend dogs.

You may be lucky and have inadvertantly bent something external, I would be inclinded to lever off the arm on the gearbox and check for full smooth movement before going in deep and expensive.

Blade boxes do need mechanical sympathy to last.

Regards Mark

tandi

posted on 14/10/11 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your thoughts, I will check for bending!

I've also been told it could be the Selector forks.

Cheers

bigfoot4616

posted on 14/10/11 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
exactly what my first blade engine did a few times before it died completely. when stripped there was very bad wear on the dogs.
ended up replacing the engine, gearbox has gone in that one now although it did last a couple of years and about 16 trackdays.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.