Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: KIT CAR MEETING SPAIN
pbaymotors

posted on 15/10/11 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
KIT CAR MEETING SPAIN

rusty nuts

posted on 15/10/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Long way to go and Spain is a big country!!
pbaymotors

posted on 15/10/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
KIT CAR MEETING SPAIN

HOLA !
I don´t know if you have an introduction section but as i didn´t found it , i´ll do it here .
My name sounds english : Patrick Bay , but I am french , born in Monaco and presently living in Spain .
I am 58 and have done a lot of things in motor -racing : marshall in the Monte rally and Monaco GP , rally driver and hillclimbing with a F3 , member of a F1 team ( AGS ), ....
Now as I like D.I.Y. , I have time and no money ( who has ?... ) I am building low cost cars , the last one is a 3 wheeler . Formerly I´ll try to make a topic in english.
Refering to the title of this post , I was thinking about how to develop kit car and self construction in Spain and we have in the village a new lord maire who is looking for ideas to promote the place . So we decide to organise a KIT CAR MEETING on April 14th & 15 th 2012 ( just after Eastern )
We are in CABANES (CASTELLON ) , a village close to the mediterranean coast .
As you know , spanish people are not very good for organization but they are excellent to make FIESTA .
So I ´ll try to organise a nice week-end and the town hall will do everything to offer our guests a lot of fun .
I hope some of you could be interested. You can contact with me : pbay.sash.lubricantes@gmail.com
and I can find for you hotel, camping , bed&breakfeast and everything you can need .
So think about having a nice week-end with spanish fiesta and a lot of motorsport passion .
Hasta luego .!!!!

tandi

posted on 16/10/11 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Hola
Sounds like a great idea. Boat down to Bilbao and a leisurely drive to Cabanes (6.5 hours on google) with my wife being half Spanish I think we would be up for a Spanish trip :-)
Cheers
Kevin

theconrodkid

posted on 16/10/11 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a plan

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bobinspain

posted on 30/10/11 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
pbaymotors

I am based 50km from Castellon.
There's some splendid Harley days in Castellon and Alcossebre.
A kit car day would be fabulous. Not sure how many 'local' cars there are however.

pbaymotors

posted on 30/10/11 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you all of you for your interest , I´ll maintain you informed . To take the boat to Bilbao sounds a good idea . Anything you need , you are welcome and can e-mail me at : pbay.sash,lubricantes@gmail.com
Hasta pronto

pbaymotors

posted on 30/10/11 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
sorry for the e-mail adress , the right one is : pbay.sash.lubricantes@gmail.com
bobinspain

posted on 12/11/11 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
pbaymotors

I took the cv10 down to Castellon yesterday and passed the airport at Cabanes. It's only 20 minutes inland from me!
Very impressive tarmac for all the sliproads and service roads. You could have a whale of a time blatting around that lot as there's simply no traffic there and the airport remains unlicenced. What a damn waste!
The cv10 itself from Torreblanca to Castellon was recently opened but is little-used. (I bet it cost a fortune to lay).
So we now have a choice of 3 routes for the 50km journey south to Castellon. cv10, A340 or autopista(A7). Spoilt for choice. !

pbaymotors

posted on 13/11/11 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi , yes the CV10 is nice and costs a lot of money but at least we have it for years .
What do you think about advertising on Castellon airport since 3 years , sponsoring the Villarreal football team and a motorcycle in the world championship ? Advertising for a product that does´nt exists sounds a big nonsense .
It´s my first time organizing a meeting . Please could you help me to dispatch the information ?
Thank you
Patrick

pbaymotors

posted on 16/2/12 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
HOLA ,
I nearly gave up , but suddenly 2 constructors announce them , TONIQ through his french dealer and the french CPMI .
So I was cheered up and I firmly hope some of you will come to our kit-car meeting .
I remember you the date : 14 and 15th of April ,
in CABANES SPAIN
We are only at 12 km from the beach , Oropesa and Benicassim . You can enjoy a marvellous week-end .
Hasta luego !!
This is my 3 wheeler that I want to be finished in april

[img][/img]

pbaymotors

posted on 22/2/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi , I have the program :
KIT-CAR MEETING´S PROGRAM
APRIL 14th & 15th in CABANES (CASTELLON) SPAIN

SATURDAY
10 A.M. TO 2 P.M. WELCOME IN THE MAIN SQUARE
4 TO 8 P.M. PRESENTATION OF CARS
PARADE IN THE STREETS
9 P.M. DINER AND DANCING PARTY

SUNDAY :
10 A.M. TO 2 P.M. MEETING
2.30 P.M. END OF THE MEETING
The town hall invites us to the Saturday´s night party
If you are interested please e-mail me for reservation : pbay.sash.lubricantes@gmail.com
Patrick

bobinspain

posted on 15/3/12 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.zoover.co.uk/spain/valencia-costa-blancacosta-de-azahar/alcoceber/alcossebre-beach-resort/hotel/weather

If anyone is thinking of heading out here for this open weekend, the above is a really good, reasonably priced hotel, 25 minutes from the kit-car venue, (Cabanes).

Patrick (the organiser) contacted me last week to say the Town Hall, via the Mayor are putting food on for saturday night and the town square will be cleared of cars to allow kit car drivers to access parking.

I drove down to the town last weekend for coffee in a roadside cafe. Very pleasant if unprepossessing, typical Spanish village. In the main holiday season, it just happens to be home to one of Europe's biggest 'Rave' venues: the 'Piramide.'

I suggest contacting Patrick for more information. I'll help if at all possible.

Edit---I've sent a u2u to Patrick suggesting he updates this thread if he wants to generate any UK interest. It's a helluva flog if it's a 'damp squib,'

Bob.

[Edited on 15/3/12 by bobinspain]

bobinspain

posted on 16/3/12 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
STOP PRESS:

If anyone was thinking of attending this, it's been postponed to tie it in with another function in early November.
It's (reputedly) going to be advertised 'properly' throughout Spain, as only 8 French and English cars were confirmed for April.
It appears to still have the backing of Cabanes Mayor and his Town Hall functionaries.

Cabanes is home to one of Europe's biggest 'Rave venues.' The 'Piramide.' (Every Locoster's primary concern).

[Edited on 16/3/12 by bobinspain]

pbaymotors

posted on 20/3/12 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi , Bobinspain is a very good "ambassadeur" for me .
I feel sorry and desappointed but it´s not easy to organize something new in Spain . In spite of the total support of the town hall we didn´t succeed in trying spanish cars .
As an exemple , I spoke a long time on the phone with an engineer from Barcelona . They have an engineering company who works for car´s manufacturers . They made a prototype of seven replica and were totally disgusted by the spanish administration . They have so many problems to homologate the car that they simply decides to stop the project .
So , we will try again to organize a meeting , at the beginning of November , with the Autumn Fair .
Thank you for your help .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.