Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carpet cleaners
bigandy

posted on 8/11/11 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Carpet cleaners

Evening all,

I'm thinking about buying one of them wet and dry vacuum cleaner type carpet cleaner things, and I was wondering if anyone has one they can recommend? I've hired one or two of them from HSS in the past, and although they do a pretty good job, it would be nice to have one at home ready for when things are spilled (especially now my daughter has learnt how to throw things around....)
. If anyone has any "dont buy this, buy that" or other useful tips, let me know!

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

owelly

posted on 8/11/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
We've had a couple of Vax machines and they're great for sucking up spilt stuff if you get there in time. Pretty rubbish at cleaning carpets though. We used to hire a Rug Doctor to find the pattern on the carpet...
A treatment such as Scotchguard has saved our carpets many times! Toddler chucks milk at brother, kitchen roll gathers up milk. Quick squirt of carpet cleaner and Vax it dry.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SteveWalker

posted on 8/11/11 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
If you're thinking of a Vax, I'd suggest you look at a Numatic George instead - from my experience, they're much better designed and built.
Cheffy

posted on 9/11/11 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
Rug Doctor every time.

We have one at work which I (ahem) 'borrow' from time to time!

The last time I looked they were about $450 to buy (pounds sterling not dollars, but no pounds sterling key on this laptop!) but well worth it. They do a brilliant job on the carpet. Cleaning solution is around $17.00 (if I remember correctly) for 4 litres from most DIY stores - but you only use 150ml of solution to 9 litres of warm water, and that will allow you to go over a carpet in a small/medium room twice.

HTH,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 9/11/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I have this one -

linky

works very well and simple to use. Works best if you pour in hot water and does suck up almost all so the carpet dries overnight. Save my butt many times when either me or the dogs have walked mud all over the carpets before missy has found out! do make sure you clean it before putting it away as it will go stinking and mouldy if you don't...you have been warned!!

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

whitstella

posted on 9/11/11 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
hi

an other vote for rug doctor, we use 1 every year got our from morrisons about £40 with detergant for a full weekend. i had it 1 day and my mate had it the next day so worked out at £20. i have a creamish colour carpet and it soon shows up the dirt its better with dark carpets. and the rug doctor is far better than any vax.

steve

Stott

posted on 9/11/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Rug doctor all the way, I've tried vax and bissel and neither were any good, the rug doctor was incredible fair play

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.