Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx10 oil filter relocation!!
turbo911

posted on 18/12/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
zx10 oil filter relocation!!

Hi there looking for some info i,m about to purchase a oil filter relocation kit and stand alone oil cooler just concerned that the standard zx10 oil pump will have the guts to pump the oil around the extra pipe work and cooler anyone got any experience with this configuration ?? any advice very welcome thanks......
Wolfezxr

posted on 18/12/11 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Is there any particular reason why you want to move the oil filter housing?

What we in the RGB race series do is leave the filter housing in place and remove the bikes oil cooler and replace this with a purpose made take off plate, this will then supply an external oil cooler.

We personally have had experience of using a 34 row cooler without problems

SausageArm

posted on 18/12/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I run a BigCC take off plate instead of the standard oil cooler setup, this feeds a remote oil filter take off plate, which has a Mocal thermostatically controlled oil cooler take off plate sandwiched between it and the oil filter, the oil is then cooled via a 13 row oil cooler, this setup works fine.
turbo911

posted on 19/12/11 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies i need to move the filter as its in the way of some exhaust mods, sausagearm i too have the bigCC take off plate just trying to get my head around where to go next thinking of going to a stand alone filter plate then to a small 7 row cooler and back to the take off plate.
cheers for your help....

SausageArm

posted on 19/12/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Get yourself one of these Mocal take off plates

That will give you the two ports you need for the oil cooler feed and return, they're on the left side in the photo below

Not the best photo to show it, but you can just see my relocated filter takeoff, sandwich plate and filter here

Hope that helps

turbo911

posted on 19/12/11 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks a million for the info but what goes on the other side of the sandwich plate ?? ie, filter/plate/ then what ??? this is where i,m getting confused ?? like the car by the way i have 2 x mac1s bet you know both of them ??? cheers .....
SausageArm

posted on 19/12/11 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
You need a remote oil filter plate like the one below, it's not mine i just shamelessly stole it from the internet

that allows you to fit an oil filter directly to it, or you could fit an oil cooler sandwich plate to it, and screw the oil filter to the sandwich plate.

like this

Not sure if i know them or not, do you have any photos of the Macs?

turbo911

posted on 19/12/11 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi and thanks again i now understand how you did it!!! the mac1 im working on is the mac1 zx worx rr blue one with orange roll bar
and black stripe with twin cans at the back!! cant remember who owned it before me ,i bought it through mark and colin my other one is turquoise blue with worx decal across the bonnet i have sent a u2u but not sure if it got through!! thanks again much appreciated .............

SausageArm

posted on 19/12/11 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I know the one with the orange roll bar and chassis, the lad who built/owned it is BigRich on here, locely little car that one, i've had the pleasure of being out on track in it a couple of times

I don't recognise the other one but will no doubt get to see it at shows and trackdays next year.

Will go check my U2U#s now, see what's waiting for me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.