Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: had my rear exit exhaust done today!
daniel mason

posted on 13/1/12 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
had my rear exit exhaust done today!

i have finally found someone decent and willing to modify my honda s2000 spoon N1 exhaust system for a rear exit set up on my mnr.
after a post on here i went to darlington to exhaustafix. very helpful,full of good ideas,and good service.am very happy and have loads of ground clearence under back axle.sounds quite tasty too! all in all a good day an am pleased with the system. they cut the original pipework from the spoon exhaust and fit a new stainless system,and then welded the new piping too existing silencers. there is a centre box which is where a standard kit car silencer would be,then the piping goes through rear arch and under back axle.
pics to follow

daniel mason

posted on 13/1/12 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote

twybrow

posted on 13/1/12 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
I must say I'm not a fan.... I cant see the advantage - if I was going to the expense of having s rear exit zorst, I would want it to run the length of the car within the chassis just like a tin top, rather than having a regular kit zorst, that then goes back under the car, and exits at the rear... Was the aim just to use as much of the original as possible?
daniel mason

posted on 13/1/12 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
main aim was to get silencer away from my right ear really. i understand its not to everyones taste,but the spoon N1 is a good setup designed for the s2000 which is sensitive to exhaust change.

Davg

posted on 13/1/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry mate have to say

Won't be missing too many speed bumps with that one then!
Never mind geeting it on the ramp for IVA!

cheers
D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

blakep82

posted on 13/1/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
they've done a cracking job, and they've done what you asked for, and i do like to see a rear exit exhaust, but have to agree, it runs along the side of the car already, could only see the benefit if it ran through the tunnel too.
quite snug under the fuel tank too! hmm yeah, not really working for me either sorry

[Edited on 13/1/12 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

daniel mason

posted on 13/1/12 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
if that hits a speed bump at 6" from the ground it will be the least of my troubles. only got 85mm under the sump. lol!

Davg

posted on 13/1/12 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
if that hits a speed bump at 6" from the ground it will be the least of my troubles. only got 85mm under the sump. lol!

Ah well no worries then you'l be flying by then

------------------------------------------------------------------------

daniel mason

posted on 13/1/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
^^^ lol.

myke pocock

posted on 13/1/12 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Are they able to make up full manifold systems as well? If so can you post a link or send a phone number please.
plentywahalla

posted on 13/1/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
This is an interesting thread because I have been trying to work out a rear exit exhaust. My plan was to run twin pipes from the pre-cat under the floor pan in oval stainless tube, then up behind the rear bulkhead and over the half shafts. Its then that it gets problematic as I need to decide how to locate the main Cat and silencer and fuel tank.

The obvious location is a transverse box behind the rear valance, but it causes problems with the location of the fuel tank. I either locate the tank above the rear axle (de dion) which means that the tank size is limited and I get no stowage space. Or I locate the tank above the catalyst which is very hot and (maybe!) not a good idea.

Apologies for hijacking this thread ... but I have been thinking of asking this question and it seemed a good opportunity.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

daniel mason

posted on 13/1/12 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Check indybird on here. He did a similar thing to me with his Mnr. Which is where I got the inspiration. Pics in his archive
also they don't do manifold in house unfortunately. I originally tried ass in Newcastle after recommendations but they refused to work on my car unless they supplied the silencers. Which was a shame because I wanted to use the ones I had

bi22le

posted on 13/1/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Donkervort have a side exit exhaust and then it carries onto the back of the car with twin exit.

They cost £60+!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Dusty

posted on 14/1/12 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
I think it looks fine. Two silencers and a longer run of pipe. Should be nice and quiet. Doubt you will get chucked out of any trackdays for too much noise. Noise has always been one of my issues and I'm thinking of going a similar route. The only problem is where to fit a transverse silencer without moving the tank and losing some of the boot space. I wonder if you can get a custom oval exhaust only about 3 inches deep? Maybe I should have it pointing straight up like a tractor!
daviep

posted on 14/1/12 at 01:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
This is an interesting thread because I have been trying to work out a rear exit exhaust. My plan was to run twin pipes from the pre-cat under the floor pan in oval stainless tube, then up behind the rear bulkhead and over the half shafts. Its then that it gets problematic as I need to decide how to locate the main Cat and silencer and fuel tank.

The obvious location is a transverse box behind the rear valance, but it causes problems with the location of the fuel tank. I either locate the tank above the rear axle (de dion) which means that the tank size is limited and I get no stowage space. Or I locate the tank above the catalyst which is very hot and (maybe!) not a good idea.

Apologies for hijacking this thread ... but I have been thinking of asking this question and it seemed a good opportunity.

I would think that the cat would be too far from the engine to get hot enough if you put it all the way to the back of the car, just a thought.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

beaver34

posted on 14/1/12 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
have people ever run them in the floor pan? you could put it in the middle down the passenger side
loggyboy

posted on 14/1/12 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Donkervort have a side exit exhaust and then it carries onto the back of the car with twin exit.

They cost £60+!!

Only £60! il have a few of them!

dave107

posted on 18/1/12 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Just be careful when filling up with fuel drip drip bang.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 18/1/12 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave107
Just be careful when filling up with fuel drip drip bang.

Although petrol is highly flammable it needs a naked flame or spark to ignite the vapour. Petrol dripping on a hot exhaust will just smoke a bit.....

Phil

thestoat

posted on 18/1/12 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
tried ass in Newcastle after recommendations

Have I arrived at the wrong forum?

As someone who is struggling with noise levels looks like a good idea to me.

bi22le

posted on 18/1/12 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Being a Londoner that has visited newcastle i must mention there is some mighty fine ass up there.

sorry, am i in the wrong forum!?!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

daniel mason

posted on 18/1/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
lol! ^^^
advanced automotive solutions i think they are called!

first350

posted on 19/1/12 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
any pics of the rear from farther away? I like the idea...
Toprivetguns

posted on 19/1/12 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good ! Glad to see it turned out how you wanted it.

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

daniel mason

posted on 19/1/12 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. It's how I wanted it so can't complain. What pics do you want me take mate. Will do some this weekend
there's one from a bit further away On first page of my blog if you want to look

[Edited on 19/1/12 by daniel mason]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.