New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Don't panic buy ?
Jon Ison

posted on 18/4/12 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Don't panic buy ?

10 bob says fuel shortages by weekend.
Ninehigh

posted on 18/4/12 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
In which case better get mine in now (I'm not panicking it's actually on the red)

Daddylonglegs

posted on 18/4/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
You seen some new news then?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

jossey

posted on 18/4/12 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
You know if you mentioned that on the radio or TV you have just caused it... even if it wasnt going to happen. bit like how the resession started.

people say it looks like we are going into resession so people dont spend and hey presto......

Maybe people on TV should say that There is enough fuel to last us a year and people wont worry.

Anywasy must dash ... Need fuel lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 18/4/12 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
You know if you mentioned that on the radio or TV you have just caused it... even if it wasnt going to happen. bit like how the resession started.

people say it looks like we are going into resession so people dont spend and hey presto......

Maybe people on TV should say that There is enough fuel to last us a year and people wont worry.

Anywasy must dash ... Need fuel lol

Very true!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

aka_shortie

posted on 18/4/12 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Good job i filled up this morning then lol

Although, does last long at my current 25mpg lol

KitCatE1

posted on 18/4/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
I'm working in Turkey for the next few week if anyone gets desperate my car is parked in London full of fuel, i'm not saying where... this could be like a Easter egg hunt but for fuel
Moorron

posted on 18/4/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yep it is all like that, one spark set it all on fire (no pun intended). Problem is this is why we are in so much trouble, everyone went spending when they should have been easing off a little. What goes up must come down.

Problem i have is my GF is a mobile hair dresser, so no car no pay. I on the other hand currently work 30 miles away as a contractor so no car no pay and with a car that just about does 18MPG i might find it hard (got lucky last time as was off work for a week). I fill full every tuesday morning and get close to empty by the monday evening.

But i did get the KC out and for a quick run at the weekend so filled it to the brim and it was drained over winter so i needed to fill a jerry can up to get it to the filling station to start with so have about 9 gallons available to tap into if needed.

I think the stations will be full tomorrow, just like anyone here i dont want to panic but unless i make sure im full now i could be a week down on wages soon and this is why regardless if people panic or not everyone will make an attempt to fill up again.

Funny side of it is i take the KC to work to save fuel when the weather is ok! but its not nice atm.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

morcus

posted on 18/4/12 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
I hope your wrong because I've got an interview in Bristol on tuesday, a journey that almost equals the amount of miles I've covered since I moved house in january.

Shouldn't be as bad as all the people who don't actually drive anywhere should still have full tanks from last time.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

jacko

posted on 18/4/12 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Don't panic PIKE
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dlatch

posted on 18/4/12 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
worst comes to the worst i will take my monkey bike
mad-butcher

posted on 18/4/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I work for a wholesale newspaper delivery company delivering papers to newsagents, and I get a pass to jump q's as I'm classed as working in an essential industry

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.