Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Another 'what's it worth' thread (sorry!)
StevieB

posted on 29/12/12 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Another 'what's it worth' thread (sorry!)

As per the title, and apologies to those who get frustrated by seeing these 'what's it worth' threads, but...

I'm planning an engine upgrade at some point in the near(ish) future and am trying the get a gauge on what my current engine setup would be worth.

It's a 1600 CVH that was fully reconditioned by Ferriday Engineering before being fitted to my Westy.

I would propose to sell the engine as a complete package, which should include the loom, rev limiter, ignition, exhaust manifold (possibly complete system), twin 40 DCOE's, Westfield sump (shortened and winged), Westfield engine mounts, bellhousing and any other bits that I won't be needing.

I'm going to fit a Sigma engine, so pretty much none of the current parts will be useful with perhaps the exception of the silencer which I'm considering upgrading to a re-packable unit anyway.

So, before I start putting any plans into action, I figured I'd get people's opinions on the what the above would be worth so I can figure it into my budget (which will pretty much make or break my plans!).

Oh, and it's as clean as clean can be:

Description
Description

Any opinions welcomed!

Cheers

Steve

[Edited on 29/12/12 by StevieB]

snapper

posted on 29/12/12 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
CVH 1.6 not very desirable so probably worth the cost of carbs and sump + £100 or 2
Would suggest selling sump seperately
The engine may sell better on an XR2 or 3 forum

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 29/12/12 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to say I got 60 quid for my 1600 cvh, with sump.

Just not a popular choice these days :-(

cliftyhanger

posted on 29/12/12 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
The valuable bit is the carbs. Sadly the rest is as above. Even the sump has very limited appeal.
The exhaust manifold may appeal to a zetec owner, the port spacing is very similar so an adapter plate can be used, or chop the flange off and fit a zetec one.

Not good news for you really

perksy

posted on 29/12/12 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
£300 for everything and you'll probably have to split it to sell it all (Carb's are probably the most valuable)

As said above the CVH isn't very popular anymore i'm afraid and might be worth more to somebody on one of the Ford forums ?

StevieB

posted on 29/12/12 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
That's all what I was already thinking for it in parts, but wasn't sure if there'd be some appeal in it as a complete ready to drop in a locost package (might not be the most popular engine but it's still better than a pinto )

Better start scrimping and scramping to recover money from elsewhere - stand by for a garage clear out in the For Sale section...

richardh

posted on 29/12/12 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
the 1.6 cvh is also worth a shot advertising on autograss racing websites as they run 1.6's and it might suit a novice in that class 6 or someone running front wheel drive.

Time for a change!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.