Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Why buy a Driveway and not use it?
morcus

posted on 17/1/13 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Why buy a Driveway and not use it?

This might seem like a rant but I really want some idea of why someone would spend a fortune turning the front garden into a driveway and never park in it?

Down the road theres a house that has done this in september or october, they had a nice garden with some bushes so you couldn't see into the house from the street, now it's a brick driveway that looks nice for a driveway but not as nice as a garden, and now you can see through their front window when you walk past.

Since they've had it put in, which must have cost a few thousand as I belive the council charge about £1500 to drop the curb, I've never seen a car on it, they just park over the drive way, stranger still, an old man comes to see them most days, and the poor bloke has to park all the way down the street to get to the house, with it's empty double driveway blocked by there only car, I just don't understand and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

matt_claydon

posted on 17/1/13 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Reserves them a space on the road I guess! Perhaps they are thinking of selling?
TheGiantTribble

posted on 17/1/13 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Well they wouldn't want to ware it out would they.
tul214

posted on 17/1/13 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe they don't like gardening

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

matt_gsxr

posted on 17/1/13 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Has his wife disappeared recently?
morcus

posted on 17/1/13 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Good one, I'd not thought of that, but the only thing that makes sense is some sort of perversion towards bricks.

Tschnically it's illegal to park over your own drive way in South Gloustershire so the council could tow the car away if they liked (Or they claim they can, sounds like BS to me).

Slimy38

posted on 17/1/13 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair, I was in a rented place when the landlord tore up the front lawn and put a driveway down. We thought 'woohoo, parking!', but very quickly got fed up of looking out the window and seeing two ugly cars on the front driveway (we were poor students at the time). You could only see the roofs but they were surprisingly 'in your face'. So we ended up putting them back on the road and the driveway stayed unused.

Not sure why the landlord did it though.

ruskino80

posted on 17/1/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
two of my neighbours have done similar things recently,there reason?,two stinking big caravans for me to look at!.
morcus

posted on 17/1/13 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Annoying as that might be, they are at least using the space.

unijacko67

posted on 17/1/13 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
There car might be a dripper, or they may have been told not to drive on it until the cheque has cleared. lol

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Talon Motorsport

posted on 17/1/13 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67
There car might be a dripper, or they may have been told not to drive on it until the cheque has cleared. lol

As funny as that sounds the guy that lives next door is a block paver and had 3 pallets of hollow blocks turn up, it was'nt untill he came to cut the edges that he found out.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.