Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is it just me?
I predict a Riot

posted on 8/6/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Is it just me?

Is it just me that this is happening to?

Two weeks ago I took my lad for a long drive out up to Whitby and back down to the Humber bridge through the Yorkshire moors. Whitby was packed as it was a hot bank holiday saturday and we had no choice but to crawl along the harbour side, people pointed and smiled, little children waved - all was well in the world - then a group of twenty something lads crossed the road just behind us and one of them threw something, presumably a beer can and hit the car. This was greeted with laughter and jeering from said bunch of morons who disappeared off into the crowd. We parked the car up around the corner and thankfully there was no damage. Whilst we were parked several people stopped to admire the car and even though I was still fuming I did what I always try to do and answered their questions in a polite and patient way including one bloke pushing his wife in a wheelchair who asked if he could take a picture, of course he could, no problem.

Then today, on our way to Cadwell Park we overtook a four by four, we passed with plenty of room on a long straight road well within the speed limit and the no necked goon leans out the window and gives us the w##ker hand shake!

WTF is up with these people?

Are they jealous?

Are they just idiots?

Is it just me who has had this happen?

The vast majority of people seem to take real pleasure from the car and can appreciate all the time, labour, sweat and money people like us take to build our cars.

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 8/6/13 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
one word, jealousy

Work to Live don't Live to Work

jacko

posted on 8/6/13 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
No its not only you .
I find if there is two kitcars out and i am the second car if the first kitcar passes a vehicle they try to stop me passing by pulling to the middle of the road

Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theduck

posted on 8/6/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately it is just the state of the country we live in.
doobrychat

posted on 8/6/13 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yes jealousy.. from people that probably couldn't wire up a 3 pin plug let alone put love and attention into a kit car build..

Grrrrr the general public is more miserable through the financial climate...

Daddylonglegs

posted on 8/6/13 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
I dsagree, it's not jealousy, they're just A-holes!!

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

bob

posted on 8/6/13 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
I dsagree, it's not jealousy, they're just A-holes!!

Yes sadly you are right

JoelP

posted on 8/6/13 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Have to agree with daddylonglegs, I think there is just no shortage of wankers out there.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

black fingernail
Contributor

Posts 144
Registered 2/7/09
Location devon

Photo Archive Go!
Building: finished? scratch built book locost with 1700 puma

posted on 8/6/13 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Last year, I left mine parked on Torquay sea front, only to return to find a large Asian family taking turns to clamber in and out making brum brum noises while they photographed each other! They even complained that they hadn't done yet when I carefully told them to go away before someone died.
Sometimes it just beggars belief.

phelpsa

posted on 8/6/13 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
It's not just kits, its a general attitude to overtaking. It seems to have come along with the movement to turn all NSL A-roads with a bend on them into 50 limits, where men in their late 50s wearing pink shirts and yellow ties patrol in their skodas enforcing the limit by squeezing people off the road and gesturing wildly at them.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 8/6/13 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
Oh stop crying and taking it personally, there are assholes of all creeds, colours, ages, sexes and nationalities and they are assholes to everyone they encounter.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
JoelP

posted on 9/6/13 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
Oh stop crying and taking it personally, there are assholes of all creeds, colours, ages, sexes and nationalities and they are assholes to everyone they encounter.

Unwarranted. He's every right to be pissed off. There's no need for you to be on a mission just because he mentioned they were Asian.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Litemoth

posted on 9/6/13 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
I'm a member of The Self-Preservation Society and part that means learning how not taking these 'attacks' to heart. I know it can be difficult not to become angry or stressed or saddened and depressed by these people but ....

It seems there is an endless supply of arrogant, ignorant, thick, selfish, dangerous, bigoted, impatient, aggressive morons out there and driving correctly has become an activity ever more on the fringe of driving.

I don't know if it's just me but .....I recon that there are a growing number of aggressive young lady drivers out there now - with their face up against the glass swearing and fist-shaking because I'm driving correctly but in their way....possibly with a child in their car too.

Gawd help us. (as a society)

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 9/6/13 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Litemoth
I'm a member of The Self-Preservation Society and part that means learning how not taking these 'attacks' to heart. I know it can be difficult not to become angry or stressed or saddened and depressed by these people but ....

That's why I tell myself they're just jealous, means I can smile about it!!!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

NS Dev

posted on 9/6/13 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
always a few idiots I'm afraid!!

on the other hand, I remember a couple of years back, driving my locost, having a great play with a group of lads in some pretty quick hatch of some sort. Lots of overtakes followed by re-overtakes on both parts (fast road and driving locost over 100mph for very long is tiresome, so they could get by each time after a while), thought they were being idiots but they appeared friendly enough.

They pulled off by a house on the outskirts of leicester (this was A47 into leicester from the East) hopped out of the car and all waved and gave thumbs up as i passed!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.