Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dead radio
theconrodkid

posted on 2/11/13 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
dead radio

took my long suffering Fiat punto MK2 on his regular saturday shopping trip today,hit the radio button and nothing !.
the set is getting power and the fuse on the back of said set is ok...any ideas or has anyone got a working radio for the MK2 they dont need..
silence is definatley not golden !.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

morcus

posted on 2/11/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'm guessing this isn't the case, but are you sure it's not requiring a code to be enterered? I've had a couple of cars with radios without displays where this has happened.

Failing that, go to halfords, you can get them for about £30 these days and less.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Mark Allanson

posted on 2/11/13 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
If you have a non Fiat radio fitted, it will probably have pinched a wire in the supply loom, the original Fiat radio is very shallow to allow room for the loom.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

theconrodkid

posted on 2/11/13 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
original radio and there are no lights/display when you hit the button so i am guessing an internal fault ?.
it happened the same day as i found why my mazda blows the side light fuse....when you put sidelights on the radio chassis becomes live,starange as the aerial is eathed ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.