Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Andy Bates (AB Performance)
cerbera

posted on 2/1/14 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Andy Bates (AB Performance)

I'm sure most people on here have heard of Andy's helpfulness, but here's another example.

I've never met Andy, apart from seeing him getting a successful investment on Dragon's Den, but I gave him a call after a fellow LCB'er recommend me to, to see if he could help me diagnose an issue I was having with my gearbox. I called him fearing the worse that I needed to get the oily bits of my gearbox looked at, but after three simple questions he had diagnosed the problem to be a foul in my paddle shift system, although he invited me to call back if that wasn't the case to proceed in further fault finding.

Later that evening I located and attacked the problem with a file and now everything is working as it should.

It may have only been 5 minutes of his time, which I'm sure is very valuable, but the fact that we'd never met and I wasn't looking to buy products or services from him just shows what a stand up guy he is to take the time out of his busy day to give someone a hand.

Thanks again Andy.

nick205

posted on 2/1/14 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
5 mins of his time well spent as you will remember and he will be your first choice when you do need to buy something.

Good business sense.

DavidW

posted on 2/1/14 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
All my dealings with Andy have led me to beleive he's a very good guy with great knowledge and products.

David

T66

posted on 2/1/14 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Andy is a gentleman, A font of bec knowledge and always happy to share it around.

yellowcab

posted on 2/1/14 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
A true gentleman - always willing to help someone out over the phone.

Fantastic customer service always leads to future sales - just brilliant!

rodgling

posted on 2/1/14 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed, Andy did a great job setting up my car, friendly service too - would definitely recommend him.
twybrow

posted on 2/1/14 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
One of the nicest most helpful people I have had the pleasure to deal with. He is a true gent, and an example that the rest of the industry could do well to follow!
b3ngy

posted on 2/1/14 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Was very helpful when I was having clutch issues. Took the time to ask about my car and what mods had already been carried out and what my car was being used for (road/track etc) so that he could recommend an appropriate product for me. Also no end of technical help over the phone.
MadMaxx

posted on 2/1/14 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
I tried several times to contact him mailing and calling in the morning durino the week and on saturday, but I never has a replay. What's the Best way to contact him?
I live in Italy and on June I bought this Fury:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=179214

Kevin grave me a spare engine with the car that was supplied by AB Performance and was told that it was a Racing engine, so was interessed to know the output power and if could worth to swap the head with that of the engine installed on the car. The engine installed on the car is running rich but with difficoulty below 4200 rpm, so would like to contact Andy to find out a solution.

welderman

posted on 2/1/14 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
He's a good un. I have his number on speed dial

Many a question answered and had a good chit chat about work too..

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

zekill

posted on 2/1/14 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
agree, this guy is a fireblade guru and very helpfull.

Fisher Fury with Phoenix bodywork, Blade 919cc

richardh

posted on 3/1/14 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Indeed he is a great guy, helping me out when i was at Stoneleigh a few years back with a broken cycle wing and brake flexi hose.

Andy braised the bracket back and between him and MNR supplying me one of their brake flexi's off their demo car, they bled the system all up and i could get home

Top guys

Time for a change!

RaveyDaveyDave

posted on 17/6/14 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Just wanted to add my glowing gratitude to the man that is Andy Bates.
Have spoken to him a few times on the telephone with issues and advice regarding my MK Indy. He's always had time for a chat, if he's busy I leave a message and he always rings back that day. Even if I don't leave a message he must 1471, and rings back!!!!
Today I took a drive down to his unit with my old steel prop to get him to make me a TRT one. From being greeted with a hearty handshake, the kettle put on straight away, we proceeded to have a long chat about all things BEC!
This man (as I'm sure most know) knows his onions. From diagnosing and giving solutions over the phone to his friendly nature whilst dealing in person was truly refreshing. Why, oh why can't certain kit manufacturers operate like this? When I've contacted them, it's obvious that they want me off the phone ASAP, the unanswered phone, the never answered emails.......
Thanks again Andy, without your advice/ear to listen, my car would probably still be in bits.…

Just need to save up for one of his awesome looking sabres!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.