Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay fees question
ruskino80

posted on 2/3/14 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
ebay fees question

its been some years since I sold anything on ebay but I now have a set of wheels and tyres to list that I would hope would bring £1000. My question is if a buyer won them and paid via paypal what would I actually receive? thanks rich
AndyW

posted on 2/3/14 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
its normally 10% of final selling price up to a maximum of £75. That's the final fee, so you will have listing fee's on top and that depends on how you list them, probably be around £1.50 listing add 50p per extra photo. Also paypal fees not sure about.
Slimy38

posted on 2/3/14 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
As a side note, there is no way I'd be doing that sort of value through Ebay and Paypal, the scope for payment reversal and you to be without money and wheels is huge. Cash on collection for sure, even if it limits potential buyers.
ReMan

posted on 2/3/14 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
As a side note, there is no way I'd be doing that sort of value through Ebay and Paypal, the scope for payment reversal and you to be without money and wheels is huge. Cash on collection for sure, even if it limits potential buyers.

sadly I'd agree

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

big_wasa

posted on 2/3/14 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
It's desperate. I've got a few sets of alloys on there. Ones set with a £50 start. I've had thirty emails asking to post, 50 watchers and have had to cancel a bid from some guy in Poland.

Unless you will post and gamble on the risk, try the owners forum's first.

chrism

posted on 2/3/14 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Paypal fees are 20p + 3.4% of payment. So for £1000 it would be £34.20.

But I would agree with what others have said, cash or cleared cheque/bankers draft etc. as for that value I wouldnt want to risk paypal.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

big_wasa

posted on 2/3/14 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well that's the last time I sell on ebay for a bit.

Having cancelled a bidder from Bulgaria on a collect only set of wheels he felt the need to resubmit the bid 3 times until he "won" them.

Haaaaaaa rant over

perksy

posted on 2/3/14 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I try and sell for 'cash on collection' as much as possible but The fee's structure with both ebay and paypal has gone a bit daft now imho
Slimy38

posted on 2/3/14 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Well that's the last time I sell on ebay for a bit.

Having cancelled a bidder from Bulgaria on a collect only set of wheels he felt the need to resubmit the bid 3 times until he "won" them.

Haaaaaaa rant over

My wife just noticed this, as she's a bit of an Ebay guru she said the 'block bidder' option comes in very useful!

For the OP, perhaps a run on Gumtree might be worth it, or maybe even Pistonheads? Same bunch of muppets, but at least you're not paying close to a ton for the privilege.

19sac65

posted on 2/3/14 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
For any items i sell that will cost a few quid in fees , i put a very basic description and invite questions and offers
Then do my deal outside of ebay with bank transfer or cash on collection
Its a great way of reaching millions of people for £1.00

big_wasa

posted on 2/3/14 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm ebay now warn you that they can charge you a final valuation fee even if you pull it.

I have blocked the Bulgarian bidder but he just managed to snipe a bid in there.

On the plus side I sold another set an hour and a half a go and the guy has already collected / paid

coyoteboy

posted on 3/3/14 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
Where's the risk with posting them? Courier, proof of delivery, no possible comeback?

I need to buy some wheels but I sure as hell can't find any locally and I'm not driving 400 miles to pick up 300 Quid's worth of rims as I have no car (because I need the wheels) I'd have to hire.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.