Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Samsung s6 Got one yet ?
big_wasa

posted on 11/4/15 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Samsung s6 Got one yet ?

So any one got one yet ? I am looking for opinions / reviews on them. I don't keep up with most tech any more but I do like a new phone every couple of years.

Current phone is an s4 and my lad is chomping at the bit to get his hands on it now the s2 is about dead.

BUT I must be getting old as this time around the price seems a little rich

loggyboy

posted on 11/4/15 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Its loss of replaceable battery and sd card slot means il be going from s4 mini to s5 mini or something else in few months time.

Mistral Motorsport

Slimy38

posted on 11/4/15 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
So any one got one yet ? I am looking for opinions / reviews on them. I don't keep up with most tech any more but I do like a new phone every couple of years.

Current phone is an s4 and my lad is chomping at the bit to get his hands on it now the s2 is about dead.

BUT I must be getting old as this time around the price seems a little rich

I'm still using my S2....

coozer

posted on 11/4/15 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, just got a LG G2 and I'm chuffed......

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Ivan

posted on 12/4/15 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
I'm interested in this. Does the non-replaceable battery thing mean that in a few years time when the battery dies you have to chuck the phone?
big_wasa

posted on 12/4/15 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
My S4 needed a new battery after 6 months due to a faulty batch. So Yeh that is a consideration.
Simon

posted on 12/4/15 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Was thinking about one, but thought I'd get a sim only with mine and family's four phones and save £700/year!

ATB

Simon

Slimy38

posted on 12/4/15 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
I'm interested in this. Does the non-replaceable battery thing mean that in a few years time when the battery dies you have to chuck the phone?

This thread has got me looking for an upgrade, and I'm noticing a fair few phones have non-replaceable batteries. I agree it should still be a concern, but I don't know whether manufacturers are using it more and more.

stevebubs

posted on 12/4/15 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was delivered Friday.

had a 280MB Software update yesterday.

Pretty happy with it. Not particularly worried about extra storage - had a Nexus 5 immediately before. As it has a 2 year warranty I'm also not particularly bothered about the lack of removable battery (which isn't that had to change - do a search and you'll find how to change the battery was published online a few week ago in the leaked technical manual.

Fingerprint Sensor finally works well - SWMBO'd has an S5 and the one on that is frustrating to say the least.

Camera is fantastic, too...

splitrivet

posted on 15/4/15 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Get an LG G3 they are the dogs or wait a few days and get the G4 if its better than the G3 and thats brilliant nothing will come close , unfortunately Samsung have gone the same way as iphone and are way over hyped.
Without a doubt the g3 is the best phone Ive ever owned.
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 15/4/15 by splitrivet]

[Edited on 15/4/15 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

woodstock

posted on 16/4/15 at 01:36 AM Reply With Quote
I have had an S4 for 2 years nearly now and was constantly running out of space on the 16GB built in storage. You could add an SD card which i did and then use one of the many app2sd style apps but some apps just can't be moved without rooting it. With this in mind the 32GB one was a concern for me and the cost of going bigger is very hard to justify. If money was no object then i'd have probably got an S6 edge with loads of storage but i'd rather spend that money on my car :-)

I looked at the HTC One M9 but ended up going for the Note 4 which has both a removable battery and SD card support for up to another 128GB on top of the 32GB included. There's no denying that it is big but in just a few days I'm used to it and think it's great. I've purchased it sim free and when my contract ends next month i'll move to a sim only contract or maybe even PAYG.

A friend has the LG G3 and says that is good but he bought a non-uk version with 32GB storage for the same reason.

One thing that has been surprising good on the Note 4 is the fast charging. I didn't really consider it when buying the phone but a quick top up now makes a massive difference. I charged it last night to full and it's been on battery for 18 hours now with only a 30 min charge in the car(using a fast charger) on the way home (while also streaming music all the while over 3g and then bluetooth to my stereo) and it's saying it has another 11 hours left. My S4 would have been dead hours ago. I mention this as fast charging is now on my must have list of features.

The only thing that nearly swung me back to the S6 was EE and WiFi calling since I don't get the most reliable signal at home but it wasn't enough to justify the extra cost.

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 16/4/15 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
one thing I would say that the LG G2 and G3 have over the others is battery life.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.