Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: I feel stupid asking but want to check!
Gremlin

posted on 21/10/02 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
I feel stupid asking but want to check!

When it says in the book 34.4" does that mean 34.4" or 34 4/16 of an inch?

I assumed it just ment 34.4 inches but all my rulers are in 16th's of an inch and .4 would be about 6.4/16 which obviously is not that easy to work out on a normal ruler.

I would go mm but my material is inch!

EZy GreMLiN

"The only way to get rid of temptation is too give in to it..!"

James

posted on 22/10/02 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin
When it says in the book 34.4" does that mean 34.4" or 34 4/16 of an inch?

I would go mm but my material is inch!

AFAIK it's 34.4" not 34 4/16.

My material is inch aswell and I've done my whole chassis using metric- and haven't had any problems at all. I cut all the tubes (from the back of the passenger compartment up to the nose cone) at once and they all slotted together on the jig perfectly.

You may have already posted that you've got the McSorley plans, I can't remember, but if you haven't I highly recommend you do as they're a great help.

HTH,

James

jbmcsorley

posted on 22/10/02 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers James, thanks for the promo.

The plans on my website provide both standard and metric measures for the same tubes. The .4mm difference between standard and metric tubing is not going to make a difference in the final product... If you cut every tube within 1mm you will definetly have a good build.

34.4 is equal to "thirty four and four tenths" aka, 34 4/10. I grab a calculator and use the metric side of my tape measure whenever this comes up; I have yet to find a tape measure with tenths of an inch (6" steel rule usually has tenths, but I've never seen a tape measure as such).

ciao,
-Jim M
http://mcsorley.net

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gremlin

posted on 22/10/02 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Jim M/James

Thanks for that!

Jim M

Im currently working from your drawings very well layed out and easy to work from and all correct from what i can tell. I was going to build a book size chassis and modify to IRS but you now have me wondering about sierra width. I have looked at the avon tiger which obviously does use IRS from a sierra and theres is actually narrower than the RC Book chassis.

I need to get this right in my head as im just about to cut after marking board out last night.

[Edited on 22/10/02 by Gremlin]

EZy GreMLiN

"The only way to get rid of temptation is too give in to it..!"

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.