Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DIY cable kit
the moa 2

posted on 14/1/07 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
DIY cable kit

I bought a clutch kit from Venhill £30 for 5 metres of inner out cable and the pvc tube aswells as loads of nipples etc. I didnt think it worked out to bad and we have a couple of bikes so may be of use in the future.

When i first got it i didnt think any of it was gonnabe any good to me especially the end that needed to go onto the clutch side of the cable as it was slightly smaller than what was originally on.

I managed to salvage my original one and so it should work out alright.

Can anyone advise me on what solder i should use to solder the nipples on with or whether it matters ? I have some plummers solder or some elctrical stuff. I have done a quick search on google but couldnt find anything inperticular for cable.

RazMan

posted on 14/1/07 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Silver solder work best for me - it melts at a higher temp so you might need to use a torch.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ayoungman

posted on 14/1/07 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
You will definately need silver solder. Anything less and you will find the nipple will come off.

"just like that !"

the moa 2

posted on 15/1/07 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
OK cheers . I thought it would different.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.