Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Transfer of a registration from a car being exported
Kissy

posted on 23/1/07 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Transfer of a registration from a car being exported

Advice sought:
An Italian friend has purchased a RHD UK-Registered 1959 TR3A which he is taking back to Italy. It is currently registered/insured in my name, with him as a named driver (it was the easiest way to get him road legal). He has to register the car in Italy, the UK docs have to be in his name for him to do this, apparently. The UK plate, which it currently bears, is of no use to him. It has some value being a 3 digit number and 3 letters. Question - can I transfer this number to me simultaneous with the car being exported?

Humbug

posted on 23/1/07 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I suspect that you will have to transfer it to another car/retention before it is exported. Then they will technically have to issue another replacement number before export...

That's the safest as you would then definitely be able to keep it. However, it might be worth a call to DVLA if you are able to get through to anyone who knows their buttocks from their humerus

Schrodinger

posted on 23/1/07 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
You will have to put the reg on retention (costs about £80 IIRC) and then wait about a month to get the new v5 before you transfer the car to your mate.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.