Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sva pass gillingham!!!!
les

posted on 3/7/07 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
sva pass gillingham!!!!

hi chaps,

the avon passed at gillingham first time!!!

cant believe it! thoughtg emmisions were way off, no self centering, edges everywhere!!

but had very decent tester- hint of centering was enough, tested the emmissions twice on the lowest test possible then passed it.

had a good look under the bonnet, and at general build, but not interested in sharp edges!

phew! now to get the suspension set up, and ebgine running properly.

drive there and back was in heavy rain- whole car an inch deep in water!!
feel of steering, pedals, and noise of engine very agricultural, but hopefully eventually get it sorted

les

darrens

posted on 3/7/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
well done of pass,

you must av had the same rain as me, started filling up the tunnel but she soildiered on through the rain.

Arrive home with a wet arse, wet face, in fact wet everything, car now looks like it's been on a rally course.

NeilP

posted on 3/7/07 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Top man - Just when you think all the hard work has been done getting it through the SVA you then really start work on it to get it to your standard

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

shades

posted on 3/7/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Good stuff :-) also good to hear that the tester was reasonable...

Thanks
Adrian

grusks2

posted on 3/7/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one les, i hummed and harred about gillingham but went for edmonton, fingers crossed they are just as good for me.

How long did it take for the test.

http://mac1worxbuild.wordpress.com/

forgot my old password so another username doh

RazMan

posted on 3/7/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
They are a good bunch at Gillingham - mine passed when I least expected it. They have a lot of common sense and if the build looks good (and they can tell)they don't quote chapter and verse at you and just give you a pass.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
worX

posted on 4/7/07 at 05:45 AM Reply With Quote
congrats!

Steve

speedyxjs

posted on 4/7/07 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
Well Done!
Another one on the road

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Dillinger1977

posted on 4/7/07 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
sounds like the tester was in a VERY good mood! perhaps he 'got lucky' the night before?

-Rog

DaveFJ

posted on 4/7/07 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
excellent news, just in time for the good..... no scratch that, just in time for the rain!

any piccies?

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

les

posted on 4/7/07 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
thanks guys,

test took about 2hrs. just got the dvla process started, cant contact local office by phone, swansea are sending me a pack- they state no mot required, but im betting ill need one when i get to the local office!.

thanks to all on the forum- i never would have finished it otherwise!

les

BenB

posted on 4/7/07 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grusks2
Nice one les, i hummed and harred about gillingham but went for edmonton, fingers crossed they are just as good for me.

How long did it take for the test.

At my Edmonton test the tester was a top bloke. Even passed a few dubious bits as long as I fixed them when I got home- e.g. the handbrake cable had a lot of slack in it so it didn't work very well (bad enough to fail), self-centering wasn't great etc etc....

Took 4 hours to do the test but we were chatting about cars, snowboarding, mountain climbing, the weather.....

Top bloke....

Whereas Borehamwood DVLA are a load of ignorant overpaid plonkers...... I'd rather walk over hot coals, then take an angle grinder to my feet and cover them in tabasco sauce rather than deal with them again....

les

posted on 5/7/07 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
i know,

brighton dvla nows have my sva pass certificate , all my recipts for the build, and £230- they say they just need to see the car- my response was "no problem ill have it here in half an hour" they refused this and said an inspector will call to do a home visit- which could take up tp 4 weeks!! i did point out that that was not much help when i have 26 days left to get a reg number to the insurance company- they replied not their concern!!

also once done i have to get the car up to tiger for setting up, and get the engine dyno'ed somewhere- all in time for septembers nurrburgring trip!!

heres hoping...

les

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.